Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

What A Fright!


Mom lets me go outside as long as she is there to keep an eye on me. Today we were out and I wandered around the side of the house into the backyard to check out the squirrels and sniff the smells. Mom went inside at the same time to go get something to read.
She heard a funny noise and caught a movement from the backyard out of the corner of her eye.
She went to the window to check it out and what did she see but the annoying yellow lab from next door - and she was loose!
That creature was running circles around me....and snorting...and growling....and......jumping....terrorizing me!
I had my fur puffed out to make me as big as possible but I was scared (I admit it)! I was arching my back and hissing at that creature but she just kept running at me. Mom ran out as fast as she could to come to my rescue. When I saw her I ran straight into her arms. That stupid dog still kept jumping as we made out way back to the front door.
It took about 15 minutes and some serious lap time to calm me down and smooth down the fur on my back.
My friends, let this be a lesson to you. Stay inside. It's safe there. -Shaggy

13 Comments:

Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

maybe you need a butterfly net??

10/30/05, 4:28 PM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Mom says she wouldn't have hurt me 'cause she lives with 2 kitties. I don't know..... -Shaggy

10/30/05, 5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No offense to any "dog people" out there, but we're just not sure you can trust them puppies . . . glad your back inside, safe & sound!
Buzzerbee & meep

10/30/05, 7:13 PM  
Blogger Max said...

Yep, if it's not dogs it's Sticky Little People. Outside is dangerous place!

10/30/05, 11:51 PM  
Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Shaggy

Glad to know you are OK. You can never be too careful with a 'stranger pup'. Your Mom will always protect you, so you don't need to worry. It's much safer inside though.

10/31/05, 9:20 AM  
Blogger Amy in NC said...

The Outside is very dangerous and that is why Mom keeps us indoors all of the time. The evil vet said it was better for us kitties anyway. Although, sometimes the indoors can be dangerous too. We lived in a house with some of Mom's so-called friends. They had a "golden" but we called it the Monster from Hell. It was 75 pounds of "playfulness" and we hated him. Knightly christened the countertops to show how much he disliked the MFH. =) Mom moved us out and into our own apartment where we are much happier; we even have our own balcony! - The Monsters

10/31/05, 3:16 PM  
Blogger DK & The Fluffies said...

...but all of the good tasting bugs are outside

10/31/05, 7:45 PM  
Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

How scary for you!

10/31/05, 9:55 PM  
Blogger Spock said...

You can always come to my house, I don't see many woofies out here & I gots a cat door so I can come in REAL fast if I do!! I sorry he scared you though.

11/1/05, 7:37 AM  
Blogger WCTs said...

Shaggy baby kitty....you just tell that crazy dog "boundaries"!

Thos nutty doggies will do anything for fun. My mom has a friend with a dog and 3 cats. That dog plays hide and seek with those cats...and they chase the dog around the house....very funny to see a little black cat chasing a goofy dog!

Hope you are back to your normal self....how is that Scout?

11/2/05, 9:05 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Shaggy, you are so brave... And Beautiful too!

11/2/05, 12:40 PM  
Blogger Spock said...

S, S, & S,
So do I guys, so do I. It would be very nice!! Mom would like that.

11/2/05, 3:39 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

We moved into our current house 27 years ago, and brought with us our sweet kitty, Frankie. He was about 2 years old at that time, a big, darling, orange and white guy who loved to go outside and explore.

Our second week in the new house, the doorbell rang, and a very distraught older lady was at the door.

"I'm your next door neighbor. Your cat killed my dog!"

What? Frankie was a total sweetie, he liked dogs. He had many dog friends. How could this be?

It turned out that the dog next door was tied to a post outside. Frankie strolled over, like a good neighbor, to introduce himself. The dog had a panic attack of some sort, barked and jumped around like crazy, and dropped dead of a heart attack.

What a way to meet the neighbors!

We paid for the dogs cremation and remained good friends with the lady next door for many years.

11/8/05, 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home