Whose Naptime is it Anyway?
Scooby: Ok this is how it happened. Mom's napping on her bed under her special nap blanket. All 3 of us are on the bed with her. I stand up, s-t-r-e-t-c-h and hop down.
"Meow" I say and then I scratch, scratch, scratch at the closet door. Scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch.
Mom: "Hmmmmm? Whazzat?"
Scooby: "Yowwww." Scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch at the door. Scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch.
Mom: "No Scooby. Stop scratching at the door."
Scooby: Scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch.........
Mom: "Scooby! I'm napping. I'm not getting up to open that closet door for you! "
Scooby: "Meeeeyowwww" Scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch.
Mom: "Quit it! I'm not getting up!"
Scooby: Scratch, scratch, "Yow" scratch, scratch, scratch, "Meerrrow",
scratchscratchscratchscratchscratchscratchscratchscratchscratch!
Mom: "Arrrrrrgh. Alright. Grumble, grumble."
She gets out from under her blankie and goes around the bed to the other side to open the closet door.
Scooby: "Eh, no thanks." I turn and march out of the room with my tail in the air.
Mom stares after me with the funniest dumbfounded look on her face!
"Meow" I say and then I scratch, scratch, scratch at the closet door. Scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch.
Mom: "Hmmmmm? Whazzat?"
Scooby: "Yowwww." Scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch at the door. Scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch.
Mom: "No Scooby. Stop scratching at the door."
Scooby: Scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch.........
Mom: "Scooby! I'm napping. I'm not getting up to open that closet door for you! "
Scooby: "Meeeeyowwww" Scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch.
Mom: "Quit it! I'm not getting up!"
Scooby: Scratch, scratch, "Yow" scratch, scratch, scratch, "Meerrrow",
scratchscratchscratchscratchscratchscratchscratchscratchscratch!
Mom: "Arrrrrrgh. Alright. Grumble, grumble."
She gets out from under her blankie and goes around the bed to the other side to open the closet door.
Scooby: "Eh, no thanks." I turn and march out of the room with my tail in the air.
Mom stares after me with the funniest dumbfounded look on her face!





14 Comments:
Humans. They just don't get it, do they? When will they ever understand that the fun is in the quest to "open" the door, not to get to the other side. Scooby, you must really love your mom a lot to be able to just turn and walk out of the room without saying something nasty to her after she ruined your fun. We admire your restraint. -- Alberta, Sky, Blackie and Charlie
beans, ya' gotta love them!
I don't think we will ever be able to figure out 'beans Scooby. ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko
Don't they understand???
*SHHesh!
*ABBY
It's all part of the training process, right? It's not that you wanted in the closet, but that you wanted to know that she would let you in when you wanted to be in.
--Jasper
Maybe next time she will leave the closet door open. Momma never learns to leave all door open a tad so we can check them out. Will she never learn???
Patches Lady
Wow, do you have your mom trained! When we're all napping and I decide I need to rattle the closet door, my mom gets all cranky and tells me, "William! Cut it out!"
Hahahaha. Excellent, Scooby!
Classic, Scooby. Just classic. I am gonna HAVE to try this one...
~moose
Way to go, Scooby! Great story, you made my day.
Ooh, snuggling with THREE kitties simultaneously...cosy!
Excellent, excellent mom training. I'm going to have to try that with mine.
Oh I am laughing so hard. Why do they do that?
Great post!!!
Hi, loved your pics of secret paws. I'm still being patient and waiting for a package to come from somewhere far away for me.
I read your post about the closet door and thought I'd tell you that I do the same thing (scratch,scratch, meow, mmmrrrow, ssscratch)except we have mirrors on our closet doors. When I was a baby I used to think there was another cat scratching to get out and I'd try to help him. Scratching on the mirror makes a really nice sound and now that I'm getting bigger I can bump the door really hard and that's fun too. Come visit me when you get a chance.
Post a Comment
<< Home