Density
Scooby here. Mom can be so dense sometimes. For some reason known only to himself, Shaggy wanted to go out into the dark, last night at around 7pm. Seriously. The temp was in the low teens, it was c-o-l-d and the wind was blowing fiercely. But mom figured he'd just sit on the steps and want to come in. Which is just what he wanted...but she forgot about him!!! He was out there in the cold & snow freezing his tail off while she sat in the warm house totally oblivious to him. Finally, I figured I'd better remind her that he was out there so I came up to her & let out the loudest meow I could.
"What is it Scooby? What do you want?" Sheesh, she still couldn't remember he was out there. "Ok, I gotta make this obvious. She has a simple mind," I thought. So I ran to the door and then she remembered. He'd been out for about 30 minutes. Even though he has a winter coat built in, he still gets cold.
"SHAGGY!" She let him in and told her in no uncertain terms how cold his feet were. Then he played the sympathy card and tried for some Stinky Goodness. He didn't get any.
But I got showered with pettings and kisses and lots of "Good boy, Scooby."
Shaggy got lots of apologies and pettings too.
But no Stinky Goodness.





22 Comments:
Obviously further training is needed...humans are such pitiful creatures after all. Imagine how she'd feel being outside, barefoot, for 30 minutes! You were a good brother Scooby and probably saved Shaggy's life!! A bag of treats all to yourself is in order, I think!
George
Poor Shaggy, bet he won't want to go out in the cold and dark again in a hurry.Yoo were a furry good boy telling yer mum what she had done. He could haf been an icicle by the morning.
Poor Shaggy. But, you know, Shaggy, we are SO alike! I don't want to go out a lot in the winter because of the weather, but sometimes I just want some fresh air and I don't mind if its cold because of my furry insulation. I like to go out the back door and then meow to come in the patio windows - I usually refuse to come in the same door I went out...
My dad does the same thing to me sometimes too - he lets me out and then starts watching TV and forgets I am out there for ages. Then suddenly he remembers and jumps up and lets me in and I meow at him crossly. I don't have a helpful brother to remind the humans I am out there!
There is a Small Black Kitty who has started waiting by the front door for my mum to get home. If he thinks he is coming in the house he can FORGET ABOUT IT!
Your mum needs to set a timer, probably with a note on it, to let you back in. The note would be about why the timer is going off.
Hope you warmed up just fine. Good work to Scooby.
Wow, that really was dense. Good play for the stinky goodness, though, I don't understand how come it didn't work either.aqawwz
Poor Shaggy! And good job Scooby. We think you both deserved stinky goodness.
Oh my gosh how traumatic!! I'm glad she remembered after a while. Momma forgot I was in the hall one night and man it was cold out there!!! Linoleum during the winter is just as bad as being outside. Sheesh...Mommas can be slow sometimes!!
Goodness Scooby, you saved Shaggy. You deserved the treats. It has been really cold here too. It was so windy today and cold but the temp wasn't in the teens. From what I heard on the news it's suppose to get down to 24 tonight. That's cold for California. I didn't get to go outside today. There's no froggies around yet anyway.
Casper
Mom left Jannie out on a cold rainy night a couple weeks ago. Luckily she found a dry spot up near the house. But stoopid dog, you should have used your big old baseball bat of a tail and banged on the house to get mom and dad's attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poop on her pillow.
Long before I was even born, the People lived in a far away place called North Dakota, and the Man let Hank the Dog out on the back yard in the morning before he went to work on a bitter cold day...and forgot. The Woman woke TWO HOURS later and heard this whining and was pissed off that someone would leave their dog out, so she looked out the window to see who the moron was...and there was Hank. She ran downstairs and outside in her t-shirt and short and no shoes, and he was so cold he could get up the stairs so she had to pick up 120 pounds of dog and drag him inside, and wrapped him in a fuzzy blanket.
She was SO MAD. She never calls the Man at work unless it's an emergency, but she called him that day and reamed him a new one. After she was done doing that she laid on the floor with Hank and held her body against his to help warm him up. And the blanket smelled so bad after that, that even though it was her favorite blanket, he got to keep it.
Obviously, this still annoys her, since she tells me about it every so often... But my point was that it happens. Hank was ok, Shaggy
ll be ok, but this must be used to guilt the person!!!! POOP ON HER PILLOW!!!!
Wow!!, I'm just glad that Scooby reminded her, that could have been a long cold night.
Poor Shaggy ... no stinky goodness after being forgotten outside.
Good reward for Scooby for remembering!
I can't even imagine WANTING to go outside when it is cold. It is bad enough Momma forgets me on the upper deck in the summer, but to forget in the winter....should be worth a bunch of Temp-ta-shun treats!
Patches
Is Shaggy nutz wantin to go out in the cold? Brrrrrrrrrr Gree's the only one of us that'll stay out in the cold, efun Pepi won't. And mosta us stay inside alla the time. You was furry good to reemind yore Mommy that Shaggy was outside. Bummer bout no stinky goodness tho.
Purrrrrrrrrrs,
Sanjee
good job Scooby - but NO treats for eifurr one? that's just not right!
Good for you for reminding her, Scooby. Poor Shaggy. Too bad it didn't get you any Stinky Goodness. You both deserved some.
Poor Shaggy. I hope he warmed up quickly! Nice job on reminding your mom that he was out there Scooby. You are a very smart, helpful cat.
Humans can be so dense. The woman does that to Georgia sometimes. As infirm as she is, she's gotten forgotten out there--okay not recently. She's too smart to want out after the last time...
Hi again! I tagged you guys...come to mine blog to see what to do!
OH! Poor Shaggy! Thank goodness you missed him, Scooby. If I went out, I fink Bonnie would say "Good ridance" an furget me. I got a timeout on Sunday cuz I wouldn't leaf Bonnie alone, an mine Mom furgot, too!!! At least I was in the bedroom.
You defnitly deserved sum stinky goodness AND Temptations affer that experience!
OH! Poor Shaggy! Thank goodness you missed him, Scooby. If I went out, I fink Bonnie would say "Good ridance" an furget me. I got a timeout on Sunday cuz I wouldn't leaf Bonnie alone, an mine Mom furgot, too!!! At least I was in the bedroom.
You defnitly deserved sum stinky goodness AND Temptations affer that experience!
OH! Poor Shaggy! Thank goodness you missed him, Scooby. If I went out, I fink Bonnie would say "Good ridance" an furget me. I got a timeout on Sunday cuz I wouldn't leaf Bonnie alone, an mine Mom furgot, too!!! At least I was in the bedroom.
You defnitly deserved sum stinky goodness AND Temptations affer that experience!
Post a Comment
<< Home