LOOK!
Look what I found in our grass.
A cute little snack, ummmm, toy, er, treat, I mean bird.
Actually, I really wanted to play and chase him, but he was real tired, trying to get his breath and just sitting there.
I was twapping him on the head when mom saw me and came to investigate and ruined all the fun.
She took me inside and when she checked on him about 20 minutes later, he was gone.
-Shaggy





19 Comments:
That is a purrty birdie Shaggy. Why was he so tired? Was he commuting to work or something? Fly into a window?
Mommy's always wreck our fun!
what did it taste like when you licked your paws after you thwappep him? was it tasty?
Oh, yes, birds are very fun. You should have seen it when Stewie got one and the Girl tried to get it away from him. He actually growled at her!
-Rosie
What a pretty little bird! I bet secretly you're glad you didn't hurt him by mistake. (I bet he was pretty happy too!)
we cannot believe yer Mom let yer feffers get away, real feffers ~poiland tribe
That's such a purrty birdie! It looks like he is wearing one of those cool bean aviator shades over his eyes. I wonder why he was so tired. Pity he cudnt stay and be your furiend. Maybe he will come back again for a visit.
~Bombay
Ooh! Behavioural Enrichment as they say in the zoos. I remember watching a show on Big Cat rescues, and they talked about how a bunch of Canada Geese landed on the waterhole of the Tiger Pen. There was some severe head thwapping going on there.
Oh wowee! That looks like the fev-vers we feechured in our TT today!!
And aren't you looking so handsome in all your floof, Shaggy?
Luf, Us
That looks like so much fun! We had a big moth in the house the other day that Huggy Bear caught, but that's about the closest thing to a bird we've gotten.
--Jasper
That poor birdie was probably frozen in his tracks at the sight of you, Shaggy! That was nice of you not to hurt him.
DINNER!
Hee hee, just "thwapping" him on the head, eh? I have been enjoying watching the birds in my garden but for some reason they do not seem to be scared of me.
My mum saw the black and white cat up the road this morning with a little bird in its mouth, still alive and flapping its wings madly to get away. She would have tried to rescue the bird but the cat ran away from her too fast taking the bird with it. I am a pacifist and would not do such a thing.
That is a snack, for sure.
Sometimes the birdies hit our window real hard and fall down and act all dead, but Momma keeps an eye on them, and much of the time they get all better. Sometimes not and she has to have a funeral for them.
Patches
Yup. We agree this should be labeled an uninhabitable area. Trouble is, there are lots of technical jobs here. Yup. And a very cheap cost of living. Yup.
Luf, Us
What a wonder. I confess, although I know how you must have felt, I'm glad the birdie flew away.
Very cool Shaggy! What a cute birdie. Amazing that he was just sitting there. I'm glad you didn't hurt him - he looks like a sweet birdie.
Thought there for a moment it was a fake bird. He's sitting still real good. Maybe it thought if it sat real still you would leave it alone. But I would have batted it too. Yeah, Mom's really like to wreck our fun. Mom takes the froggies away from he sometimes.
Mom saw on Karen Jo's site where all of you were honored. She liked all the limericks but she said what a good cat Scooby is for staying where he's suppose to when he is outside. Mom says I'm a good boy too cause she doesn't have to worry when I'm outside. The other three like to jump the fence when they get the chance, but I stay put. Glad to hear there is someone else like me.
Casper
You got to play with a real, live birdie? How exciting! I'm sorry your Mom ruined your fun, but I'm glad that the birdie wasn't hurt.
Post a Comment
<< Home