Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

This is Embarassing!!

See my gorgeous fur? How it shines in the sun. How sleek, and shiny it is...
Well I have an embarassing problem with it. Mom said she'll check with the vet but in the meantime she told me to ask my blogging friends if they have any experience with......ahem.........dandruff.
I've got lots of white flakes in my fur and they really come to the top when mom brushes me. I'm not itchy, they don't really bother me, but you know mom's...they worry.
Do any of you have this problem? Is it a problem or just normal? Any hints for mom? I have black fur so of course it's pretty noticeable!

17 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

sammie has dandruff too. must be a tuxedo thing...

11/2/05, 5:54 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

I do not! But KC has dandruff, and Jinky too! Must be a Tuxedo Cat Thing.

11/2/05, 5:55 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

It's a tuxedo cat thing... KC and Sammie and Jinky all have/had dandruff. Worse in the winter.

11/2/05, 5:55 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Larry had dandruff too, but mostly when he was diabetic... But that doesn't mean you are diabetic if you have dandruff, because KC, Sammie and Jinky all have dandruff at times, but not diabetes.

11/2/05, 5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patti said: I have 2 black kitty girlas and a black and white tuxedo boy. I spoke with my vet about the dandruff and she said that's normal dander. We see it more on the dark kitties than the other varieties. She said it was nothing to worry about.

11/2/05, 6:35 PM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Hi larry, Sammie, kc, & Hannah! Thanks for stopping by...Sounds like a Tuxedo cat thing. Maybe its just dry skin...

Hi Patti...normal is good! Mom figured its just dander, but thats the root word of dandruff, isn't it?

Any other cats out there?

11/2/05, 11:49 PM  
Blogger Max said...

You need Stinky Goodness. Every day. That will cure it. I swear!

11/3/05, 12:08 AM  
Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

My Boo has it also. So I did some investigation and found that it was basically what amounted to a mineral definciency. They need more fish oil in their system. Boo doesn't get it all that bad, but since she is mostly black it's far more noticeable. Abby (my other Tux)does not have it at all. But she has a double dense coat like all Manx, so I think that is why she isn't 'blessed' with it.

11/3/05, 5:24 AM  
Blogger Spock said...

More fish oil? So then we need more fish? I don't have any dandruff but...MOM.....

11/3/05, 7:28 AM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

OH YEAH!!! Bring on the Stinky Goodness & the fish!!!

11/3/05, 10:47 AM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Why thank you Miss Kitty!
And DK: Go girl! Keep the bunnies in line! -Scooby

11/4/05, 9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huggy Bear is all black and his fur will show somes flakes, too. Mom and Dad have some "shiny coat" supplement they got from the pet store that they give us sometimes and that seems to help him (I won't touch it...)

11/4/05, 11:47 AM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Hi Valdebar!
Mom says I'm fat enough without licking butter! Harumph. -Scooby

11/4/05, 6:59 PM  
Blogger Beau said...

Yep, it's a tuxedo thing. I got it too!

11/5/05, 9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, it's funny. Spot has lots of white fur with black spots. The black fur gets dandruff! It doesn't bother him even when Mom brushes him. The vet said it's not serious and to brush it more, but Mom is afraid to irritate it.

11/7/05, 3:52 PM  
Blogger Eternity said...

oooh that's odd...i have some vet friends, i'll try asking them this as a trivia, and get their answers back to you soon.

11/9/05, 9:02 AM  
Blogger Isa said...

My bfriend Poldo has dandruff on his back, near the tail. But I love him anyway.He'll get checked the next time we go to the vet 8hissss!!!) Martino

11/24/05, 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home