Cat Food Question
Any one know about or have experience with this cat food - "Innova Evo" ?
http://www.evopet.com/about-natura/
It is expensive: $22.00 for a 6.6 pound bag but where I can buy it if you buy one bag the second bag is 1/2 price. It is only available in small, independant feed stores, so it requires a special trip farther for me than just PetSmart or PetCo.
A raw diet is supposed to be best, and this seems to be the next best thing.
I also bought a sample pack of raw, frozen meat medallions from Nature's Variety to try out.
Can anyone comment??
-SSS's Mom
http://www.evopet.com/about-natura/
It is expensive: $22.00 for a 6.6 pound bag but where I can buy it if you buy one bag the second bag is 1/2 price. It is only available in small, independant feed stores, so it requires a special trip farther for me than just PetSmart or PetCo.
A raw diet is supposed to be best, and this seems to be the next best thing.
I also bought a sample pack of raw, frozen meat medallions from Nature's Variety to try out.
Can anyone comment??
-SSS's Mom





10 Comments:
I use dry evo as a treat for Sophia and she eats the raw medallions from Nature's Variety. She loves the raw medallions!
Sophia eats 3-4 oz of wet and 1/8c dry per day. I give her the dry food throughout the day as treats – she doesn’t have a free food feed dish. To introduce the raw I started with ½ a medallion which is equal to ½ oz. I mixed it in with her Wellness/Prairie wet. Over a couple of weeks, I worked her to 2 oz. of raw and 1 oz of Wellness per day. If she is feeling especially hungry or has been very active playing (usually on the weekends when I’m home all day) I’ll give her 3 medallions and her 1 oz of Wellness.
I mix up the turkey & chicken and the lamb medallions. I use Turkey Wellness, Chicken Wellness or Chicken & Turkey Prairie (by Nature’s Variety). Her dry food is a mix of EVO and Raw Instinct Grain-Free (also by Nature’s Variety).
Hope that helps!
Silky & I love the Nature's Variety Organic Chicken medallions. We eat them almost every day. But sometimes Mom gives us Nature's Variety (Prairie) canned food instead. Or gives us less medallions and mixes some canned food in.
Right now Ninna's eating Core grain-free dry food by Wellness (and some canned food from NV).
All I can say is we love the raw food, and I'll eat the Venison and Beef but Silky won't.
We've never eaten the Innova Evo food.
Let us know how it works out, and if the 3 S's like the raw food!
P.S. Mom was feeding Ninna Raw Instinct when she got really really sick, so she thinks there was something wrong with the bag and she's afraid to buy it anymore.
The "Raw Instinct" is dry grain-free food from Nature's Variety which is "biocoated" with raw food. ???
We haven't had any trouble at all with the raw medallions.
we buy Innova lite for our cats and they love it. I think it is very good and worth the price.
Mookie and Chaiyah
Tommy and I eat the Innova Evo and love it. Our V.E.T. at the cat fix-it place said it was a very good brand. Other cat people mom has talked to think it's very good. So that's what we eat for dry food.
Mom also gives us a little wet Fancy Feast(we like the fish kinds best) for breakfast and supper and the Evo is for nibbling whenever we want. We each nibble about a half cup a day mom thinks but the truth is Tommy nibbles more than me.
Oh, one other thing. Mom gets our Innova-Evo at Clarks Pet Supply in Albuquerque and it's only $15.00 for the bigger bag but when she first tried it for us, before to big poisoned food stuff happened, she just got a little bag (I think about 2-3lbs) to see if we would like it.
It would probably cost too much to fly to Albuquerque to get pet food, but maybe you could talk a pet store in your area into supplying it.
I don't have experiences with that food (my mom is looking at Orijen for when we move back to Canada) but you might want to check out the forums here:
http://thepetfoodlist.com/forums/index.php
The Innova board is here: http://thepetfoodlist.com/forums/index.php?board=30.0
People have posted about their experiences with all kinds of different pet foods.
Good luck!
Ack! Just found out that Innova uses Menu Foods to produce some of their foods (not their dry, but their wet). :(
Post a Comment
<< Home