Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Monday, March 21, 2016

Missing My Boys

Poolside in Phoenix. Last full day here. Been here since March 5th and I'm missing Shaggy and Scout like crazy. We are buying
a vacation home on a golf course, something we've been wanting to do for years. Next year we'll  drive and I'd like to bring them with me. I'll have to study up on car trips with cats.  Shaggy will be 16, so that will be a factor. I wouldn't want to stress him out to much.  Time will tell. 

8 Comments:

Blogger Eastside Cats said...

Being with you would make both kitties feel so much better! Congrats on your real estate purchase!

3/21/16, 1:08 PM  
Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Wow! Great place for a vacation home! As for driving long distances with cats, we all react differently. We wouldn't even guess, but your vet probably has some good ideas.

3/21/16, 7:47 PM  
Blogger The Island Cats said...

The mom wishes she was there with you! Congrats on your vacation home purchase.

3/22/16, 6:11 PM  
Blogger Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I get to go to Arizona twice in the next few months - once to a cat show, and once to BlogPaws! We're flying. As long as Shaggy is in good health, he should be okay for a drive.

3/22/16, 11:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A bad trip is worth staying with the Beings. But do be ready to duck errent golf balls...

3/23/16, 4:50 AM  
Blogger DKM said...

Nice!

3/24/16, 1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice change from the Northern Midwest!
I hope you enjoy the new digs for a long time to come.
We never had much problem with either Maddie or Ivy travelling. Once we realized that Ivy would barf minutes after the car started we simply drove around the block, waited for the expulsion of the gross humours, went home. cleaned her up and headed out.
Only thing I'd worry about is keeping them in a hotel room if you have to stop on the way.
And I think it's easier if you're going to stay at your destination for a while. It would give the boys a chance to relax before heading home.
Pats all around from us at Strangeranger

3/27/16, 5:09 PM  
Blogger Mr Puddy said...

Woo Hoo... Fancy ! & Fantastic
Enjoy

Miss you guys
xox

4/5/16, 3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home