Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Playful Scout/Trouble Maker Scout

Scout is almost 6 months old now and is your average playful kitty. He loves grocery shopping day and can't wait to wrestle the paper bags, play hide & seek in them and jump out at me and Scooby to "scare" us.
See those shoes in the background of this picture? He loves to pounce on those and hide his mousies and little mylar balls inside them. Or bat shoes and mousies down the basement stairs that you see to the left.
Mom was scolding him today however. He keeps playing in our water fountain. He paws at the water & splashes it all over the floor and tries to chew the electric cord. Mom kept yelling "No Scout No" at him & picking him up to move someplace else to distract him. She even swatted him on the bottom, and he looked like he was gonna cry, but he just kept prancing back over to the fountain to play in the water. Mom took the fountain away and replaced it with a heavy ceramic water bowl...but he keeps doing the same thing with the bowl! He bats at the water with his paw, then grabs on to the edge of the bowl to try to tip it over, and manages to slosh water all over the floor. Mom says he will probably outgrow this, but in the meantime she is very frustrated! Scooby & I just sit & watch and cheer him on silently. -Shaggy, The Good Kitty.

12 Comments:

Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Fiona, you buns are soooo bad!

11/10/05, 8:40 PM  
Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Brings back memories! I used to play with the water bowl all the time. Mom tried everything--even one of those giant heavy woofie bowls. It didn't stop me.

(Mom says I have to tell your mom that I was almost 2 before I outgrew that.)

11/10/05, 9:37 PM  
Blogger Beau said...

Bags and boxes are soooo much fun!

11/10/05, 10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch those cords, Scout - they can getchya! Flippin' the water bowl sounds like fun, tho =^..^=
Buzzerbee & meep

11/11/05, 3:06 PM  
Blogger Cat Naps in Italy said...

That is the nice thing about kittens, they make us mature cats look good! Go Scout go!
Love,
Opus and Roscoe

11/13/05, 1:41 AM  
Blogger Spock said...

vgdvBible study starts tomorrow!!! :)

11/13/05, 7:01 PM  
Blogger Eternity said...

looks like this kitty isn't afraid of water like most are. brave kitty!!

11/14/05, 6:49 AM  
Blogger jenianddean said...

Maggie is now 5 months old and she love to get the grocery bags and she hides all her toys in mom and dad's shoes. She thinks it's funny!!

The water bowl thing none of us do, but I do love to tip a glass over. I, too, was cord biter. I have chewed my way through about 5 power cords to the cordless phones. Mom would put bitter end on them, but it didn't matter. But luckily I have pretty much grown out of that stage.

11/14/05, 10:51 AM  
Blogger Spock said...

Yeah, yeah!! I get to play back there...but the thing is...it's like that ALL OVER the place down here. 23 acres with my house right in the middle...aaaahhhhhh. Of course you can come play with me!

11/14/05, 1:11 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Hi Gang,

Nice to have to drop a message on my blog. Wow, your great grammie and my grampie should get togehter. But mum says grampie isn't fond of cats. Plus he keeps saying I am fat. I am just a purrfect size to me.

11/14/05, 7:35 PM  
Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh Mom Scout is just having fun! Lots of fun with the boxes and bags, now the cords...yikes gotta be careful little one. Those things could knock all your fur off!

11/15/05, 11:32 AM  
Blogger WCTs said...

I love these great Scout stories!

Thanks for dropping by to visit Calico...I am new to the piggies....Calico is much adored by her young owner & sleeps in her owners bedroom. Such a sweetie.

Regards, fm The Whippy Curly Tails in the soon to be chilly Toasty South! =^..^=

11/15/05, 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home