Shaggy's Home
Hi everyone! Mom here.
Shaggy is home after a full day at the vet. He is tired and kind of woozy so he wanted me to report tonight to his blogging cat friends.
I dropped him off this morning at 8 am and he had his procedure done at 9:30. He came through just fine with no extractions and very little gum bleeding. The doctor also removed the 3mm cyst that was growing on his neck. They used some fancy laser like thing and it came off cleanly, needing no stitches or glue to close the site. They shaved about a 1" square patch around the site, but because of all his poofy floofy fur you have to dig down to find it.
He came home at 4:30 tonight. Still tired and kind of groggy, but he ate a bit of wellness canned food. Then he went to lay by his water dish. I put him in his litter box & he tinkled for me. I can't find him right now. I think he went to find a dark quiet place to rest. Probably in the basement.
All the cats were hissing and growling at one another at first. Shaggy wants Scooby & Scout to keep their distance and they are curious and want to sniff him. Scooby missed his brother terribly today, wandering from room to room, upstairs & down looking for him.
So all is well, and I expect him to be back to his fat, lazy, loveable self again tomorrow.
Shaggy is home after a full day at the vet. He is tired and kind of woozy so he wanted me to report tonight to his blogging cat friends.
I dropped him off this morning at 8 am and he had his procedure done at 9:30. He came through just fine with no extractions and very little gum bleeding. The doctor also removed the 3mm cyst that was growing on his neck. They used some fancy laser like thing and it came off cleanly, needing no stitches or glue to close the site. They shaved about a 1" square patch around the site, but because of all his poofy floofy fur you have to dig down to find it.
He came home at 4:30 tonight. Still tired and kind of groggy, but he ate a bit of wellness canned food. Then he went to lay by his water dish. I put him in his litter box & he tinkled for me. I can't find him right now. I think he went to find a dark quiet place to rest. Probably in the basement.
All the cats were hissing and growling at one another at first. Shaggy wants Scooby & Scout to keep their distance and they are curious and want to sniff him. Scooby missed his brother terribly today, wandering from room to room, upstairs & down looking for him.
So all is well, and I expect him to be back to his fat, lazy, loveable self again tomorrow.





17 Comments:
Good to know the Shaggy made it through his procedure OK. If he gets a good nights sleep, he will be good.
We LOVE Shaggy! So glad he is home and did his litter work...very good sign.
All the growling from the vet smells...that happens here too!
Big head rubs and belly kisses for Shaggy!
The Whippy Curly Tail's Mom!
=^..^=
Good, I'm glad he's home. I kinda like the after-feelings of the drugs, but I like to hide, too. Mostly so the People don't laugh at the drunk kitty...
He's so brave! We just hate going to the V-E-T. (Mom thinks we can't spell. We can write a friggin blog, but we can't spell?!? Sheesh, Mom - think about it!)
We're glad he's back home where he belongs.
Fat & lazy?!?!?! You just wait till I talk to him.....
Sounds like it could not have gone better! Sparkly choppers and a cyst-free bod...it's the feline dream...
We're glad that Shaggy is ok. We're sure he'll be feeling better in no time.
Good to know that Shaggy is home safe and sound. Happy nappin' Can't wait to see the shiny teeth.
So glad to hear it's over & went well. Now he can dazzle us with his white smile!
We hope you get to feeling better Shaggy. Vets are evil and loves sticking things in private places don't they? I hate vets.
Head bonks and kitty kisses.
Hope you are fine and dandy now for the nap a thon tomorrow!
glad to hear he came thru fine. it's always a little scary to have to drop one of us off for the day my Mom tells me.
Just remind him that teeth cleaning tends to be a once in a lifetime experience for a cat. I glad he's home and back with his brothers.
I hope you don't find the story too sad. I have to balance it. And unfortunately, the life of feral cats is not always that happy. Trust me, some of the tears will be for joy...
Chin and ear skritches for Shaggy. We hope he slept off the anathesia and is feeling fine today.
The Monsters
Hooray! Glad to hear you are home safe and sound Shaggy. We fat furry boys must stick together.
(From Fat Eric's mum: I love all the photos of Shaggy, he just looks so cuddly, like my own fat furry boy. Big hugs for him).
Yey Shaggys home...woo,woo,woo. We are very glad that our blog buddy Shaggy is okay. Mom loved the picts of Scout helping with the little piggies. See we aren't the only interspecies friends out there. Although I don't know if you would call the vermin and us poodies friends exactly...~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko
Glad you are okay Shaggy. Maybe we can con-va-less together and watch dvd's or something.
Post a Comment
<< Home