Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Trouble - With a capital "T"

Scooby here...
Shaggs & Scout are in big trouble with mom today!
They were bothering her at 4:30 AM again and she did not take kindly to it. She was cranky when she went to bed and then she couldn't fall asleep, so they picked the wrong time for mischief!

First Shaggy comes in and marches around & around on the bed meowing & grumbling for early breakfast. She got up & gave it to him...and Scout too, because whenever Shaggy scores early breakfast, Scout gets some. Then he pushed his luck and came back 1/2 hour later and tried it again! She growled & grumbled at him, told him to shut up and swept him off the bed with her arm.

Then Scout, with a full & happy tummy decided to start playing with anything he could get his paws on. The last straw was when he found some Tic-Tacs and started throwing the little box around. Do you realize how loud those things are are 4:30 AM!
She came flying out of bed, and was she mad! "DAMMITGUYSLETMESLEEP!"
They both took off like horses in the Kentucky Derby and neither of them has come near her this morning.

14 Comments:

Blogger The Furry Kids said...

That sounds like so much fun! I don't understand why moms don't appreciate that kind of stuff. We were super wild this morning, too. I wonder is there is something in the air...

Love,
Tazo

5/16/07, 9:23 AM  
Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

SSS

You must tell your Mom that A SNOWFLAKE IN THE HAND isn't a very sad book. It is more uplifting than sad. We came to a different understanding about that type of care for us poodins.

We hopes you guys don't stay in trouble long!

Abby

5/16/07, 12:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It must be spring or something. We've had our wild times around here, too, and I can tell you that The Mother doesn't take very kindly to it. Since we got the door-within-a-door, we haven't been as frisky, though.

Scooby, my humans think Stewie is a cute little guy, too. Great minds think alike, as they say!

-Rosie

5/16/07, 1:33 PM  
Blogger caspersmom said...

Oooh, you don't do that around here either. Mom doesn't even let us sleep in her room, she shuts the door. She lets me sleep with her now and then and I know not to bother her. Scooby sounds like you were a good boy, great way to stay on the good side of Mom.

Oh by the way, who won the Kentucky Derby??

Casper

5/16/07, 7:17 PM  
Blogger Parker said...

Uh Oh guys, a grumpy Mommy is no fun!

5/16/07, 8:12 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Derby? Did I hear my name? Am I in trouble too? I try not to wake up mum early, but she doesn't get out of bed until she is ready!

5/16/07, 9:36 PM  
Blogger Max said...

ooooh...we need a box of tictacs. I bet that would sound very nice on wood floors in a room that echoes at 3 a.m. ...

5/16/07, 9:40 PM  
Blogger Karen Jo said...

Max, you are just looking for trouble, but you made me laugh. I can imagine how loud a box of tictacs sounds at 4:30 am. I hope Mom didn't stay cranky for too long.

5/16/07, 11:42 PM  
Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Oh Scooby and Shaggy, you were naughty! Sometimes I wake my humans up for early breakfast (around 5 or 5:30), but after a while they ignore me so I go eat some crunchies and go back to sleep. But at 6:00, when I KNOW it's breakfast time, I don't take no for an answer! Humans really don't like being woken up early I have discovered.

5/17/07, 2:39 AM  
Blogger Forty Paws said...

Uh oh. Somebuddy barfed heer at 6:00 an got owr Maw up. She wadn't too happy bowt dat neifer.

Luf, Us

5/17/07, 8:01 AM  
Blogger =^..^= said...

I've had some experience wif grouchy beans. They are purrty scary creatures!

~Bombay

5/17/07, 10:03 AM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

To The Mom:

Lynne........I know exactly how you feel......Patches does this on a nightly basis and it has been going on for 6 years. That is why Precious goes into lock down, if I put Patches in with her she would howl all night. We are sleep deprived here in the Big Piney Woods.

CalicoMom Toni

5/17/07, 10:40 AM  
Blogger Forty Paws said...

RE: yur commint bowt my d-i-e-t food. Efurrybody lufs it. So, Maw is constantly fillin MY bowl of fuud. Plus, dey haf a bowl of MY fuud up on da table wer all der udder fuud is.

Luf, Gatsbi

5/17/07, 2:59 PM  
Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

Hahahaha dat sounds like owr house da ofur morning. Beau Beau got up on da big drawer fing wif the mirror and started pushing fings on da floor. Den he jumped on Mommy and she did da same fing as yoo. Me of course wuz a little angel and didn't make a peep.
~Angie

5/17/07, 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home