Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Friday, December 16, 2005

IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!


Scout: OH MOM PLEASE CAN WE OPEN IT? CAN WE? PLEASE MOM? PLEASE?
Mom: Ok, Scout. But we have to wait till Scooby & Shaggy wake up first.
Scout: OH MOM! WAKE THEM UP! WAKE THEM UP! I CAN't WAIT!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

oh, go wake them up! you're lucky YOUR Mom is going to let you open it. my Mom is still bein' mean....

12/16/05, 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is unrelated to your post other than the fact the your pictures of Scout inspired myself and my wife to add to our family. Dolce is a female version of Scout. We adopted her from a No-Kill Foster Parent Society. After much hissing and posturing, there is one less kitty who will without a Christmas Tree this year.

12/16/05, 3:43 PM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

To the folks in the above note:
Bless your hearts! Scout is from a friends momma cat's second litter of the year(she wanders). When I saw a 2 day old picture of him I fell in love. Shaggy & Scoutie get along like best buddies, sleeping curled up together and wrestling for fun. Scooby is still hissing & growling at the mere sight of the interloper. Thanks for making my day! SSS's Mom :)

12/16/05, 5:41 PM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Edsel: It's hard to wait we know, but it will be alot of fun to open your present with the family. Your mom is not mean - she's fun. Just think how self-disciplined you will be after this. You'll be all ready for Lent!

12/16/05, 6:25 PM  
Blogger DK & The Fluffies said...

Go pounce them!

12/16/05, 9:38 PM  
Blogger Spock said...

You are getting SSSOOO big!! Now, since your Mom OBVIOUSLY isn't going to wake them up, you go do it!

12/17/05, 7:45 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Wow Scout, I didn't recognize you! You are getting all grown up!

12/17/05, 8:34 PM  
Blogger Amy in NC said...

Soooo.....what did'ya get? Everyone's been giving and getting such great presents! Aren't Scooby and Shaggy awake yet?

Lizzie

12/17/05, 9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last year, a box came from my human's parents, and I knew right away there was something for me. My human hid the smelly package, but I still smelled it. FINALLY they opened boxes and let me have... a cat mat! It was the bestest catnip thing I ever had and I rolled and rubbed and purred for a whole hour! I hated waiting, but Santa Paws knows what we like.

12/18/05, 3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Scout, are we related? You look like me, tabby with white. The bestest colors for cats.

12/18/05, 3:23 PM  
Blogger Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

I'm here. I'm here. My dad wanted you to be the first he told about our blog. He even got my picture uploaded (He had problems the first time he tried this blogging thing). I wanted you to know I have toys and a bed and a Christmas tree and a sister and two brothers and another bed and more toys. I'm just a kitten, so don't blame me for rambling. My purs are with all those other kittens and cats who didn't get their forver home for Christmas.

12/19/05, 7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my Scout - how much you have grown!
Buzzerbee & meep's mom

12/21/05, 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home