Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Scout's First Christmas


Wow! Let me tell you about this!
Scooby & Shaggy told me Christmas is a great time of year and they told me right! That was way fun! The people went to Mass on Christmas Eve, which is the night before the day. And know what? They went with my Great Grammie! Yeah! I have a Great Grammie! Mom says she is 96 people years old which is a lot. Grammie came over to eat and open presents after church. She said she doesn't really like cats...we make her nervous! Silly Grammie! I made sure to lots of figure 8's around her ankles!
That present opening thing is the best part! Paper everywhere! And boxes of all sizes! And new stuff to sniff! And bows to bat around! And ribbons to pounce! And everybody stays up real late to pet me! Mom even left the paper all over the floor to play in all day Christmas! I hid in the piles and pounced on the peoples feet and my brothers when they didn't expect it. I even took a nap inside a pile of those crinkly papers!
There was lots of people food both days, but us kittycats just got the same food we always eat. Maybe even a little less, mom said something about fat cats....? Not even the "big eyes look" got us any more food. I could have used lots of food 'cause of all the energy I used to celebrate that day!
Today I pretty much made up the sleepy time I missed with all the activity.
Zzzzzzzzzzzz............Scout

6 Comments:

Blogger Amy in NC said...

I am glad you had a great Christmas Scout! You are getting so big and handsome - Shaggy and Scooby better watch out.

The Monsters' Mom

12/27/05, 8:47 AM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Because I am an older cat with more sperience I can tell you what might work if the "big eyes look" doesnt. Try the "silent meow". Sounds like you had a great time though!

12/27/05, 3:57 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

Looks like baby Scout had a wonderful holiday. Such pretty kitties!

12/27/05, 5:04 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Yeah, too bad the big kitties are on a diet. That means you don't getted the treats either. Glad I can always get mum to give me a few treats.

12/27/05, 6:06 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday too Scout. We did too. You look good in your pictures your Mom put up ~Merlin, SHadow, KO KO

12/27/05, 7:47 PM  
Blogger Max said...

Hey, even without the food you had a great day it sounds like. When you're a little kitty, what more fun is there than paper and boxes and STUFF?!?!

(So I won't rub it in that we got extra food...)

12/27/05, 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home