Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

OUCH!


I was holding Scout on my shoulder this morning when I opened the door to toss a can out into the recycling bin.
Who should be out there but neglected neighborkitty Tiger, waiting for his breakfast.
Tiger was a blur when he startled and ran, and Scout got scared so badly he dug all his claws (front & back) into my shoulder and down my back as he ran for cover.
Ow, ow, ow!
-SSS's Mom

20 Comments:

Blogger jenianddean said...

The joy of being Mom to a kitten ... at least the two kittens have a healthy respect for each other. We have a "visitor" cat who we like to sit with (him on one side of the window, us on the other) but we never make threatening noises or anything. But we never venture outside either, so we know where our space is and where his is...
--Jasper

2/8/06, 12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SSS's mom-- Did you put out some food for Tiger? Poor thing, he must have been as scared as Scout.

Dee

2/8/06, 1:53 PM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Yes, I fed Tiger. It's pretty much a morning ritual. He ate 2 cans today. He also was hanging around the door one night last week when it was near zero. I put on my heavy coat & gloves so he wouldn't scratch my face off and took him home. He bolted into the house when the door opened. I told his mom it is awfully cold for an old cat outside, and that he wanted in my house. She just smiled and thanked me. I tried to look as stern as possible. Stupid people. They just let him out & forget about him. sss's mom

2/8/06, 2:42 PM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Mama had an outdoors cat at our old house. He lived in our garden, and was a very nice poodin. When we moved house she caught him and took him to the [whispers] V E T. He had to go to the Bridge 'cos he had AIDS.

His name was Spook - we liked him.....

pandora

2/8/06, 3:57 PM  
Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

bad neighbor, bad, bad. nice s, s & s Mom!

2/8/06, 8:35 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Poor SSS's Mom! We hope you and Scout cuddled each other after!

2/8/06, 8:36 PM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Thanks for the sympathy. i love sympathy. The claw marks only swelled up a little, but they sure hurt like crazy!! sss's mom

2/8/06, 8:55 PM  
Blogger Max said...

Get the kitties to pee on your wounds. That will help heal them. Really. I swear it will!

:::evillaugh:::

2/8/06, 9:38 PM  
Blogger WCTs said...

Tiger is lucky to have you. Miss S was a ferel kitty & lived through one of the coldest & icy-est winters ever in the south! I found out she was living under a pier & beam house next store.

The girl that lived there said her dog could smell Miss S and barked at the heat floor vents ~ at the time, she did not know Miss S was under there. I am sure Tiger has found warm spots too!

Keep up the good kitty work..as I type, our most recent rescue..Miss Belle sits on my lap giving herself a big bath.

Scout is a kitty hottie by the way....I still can't get over that he is not a kitten anymore.

2/8/06, 10:14 PM  
Blogger WCTs said...

Oops, I meant next Door not store!

LOL....The Whippy's Mom & Miss Belle's bath lap!

2/8/06, 10:15 PM  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Lyn: I put together an insulated shelter in a sheltered place under our deck. He uses it regularily. One time I petted him after he came out of it & he was warm & toasty so I know it's doing it's job.
Yes, Scout is about as handsome as they come. I will tell him you said he's a hottie......

2/8/06, 10:33 PM  
Blogger Spock said...

Oh, I's sssooo sorry! I only have back claws but I still manage to get Mom good.

2/9/06, 7:04 AM  
Blogger Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

Dolce says Purrr, Purrr, Purrr to Scout. You need to stop with the stories about cats that are left to fend for themselves. I get's me all pi$$ed off and then I convince my wife we have to prevent one more cat from being forced to live that way. Then we will have five, then six, then seven. Then we are the crazy cat people of the neighborhood.

2/9/06, 7:48 AM  
Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Awwwww ouweeeee....Scout didn't mean it,he was just a little startled at seeing that puddy... hope the mishap is all better now.

Purrs...

*Abby

2/9/06, 8:40 AM  
Blogger The Crew said...

Uh oh - it sounds like someone is in need of a claw trim!

2/9/06, 9:40 AM  
Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Wow...it seems your mom is running a home for wayward cats!

What a huge heart!

2/9/06, 11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OUCH!!! You are such a sweetie to take care of that neglected kitty... and get injured in the process. People are too often just horrible. It's so sad.

~ tammara

2/9/06, 11:55 AM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Tell your Mom to put disinfectant on the wounds so she don't get fections...

2/9/06, 3:11 PM  
Blogger Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! said...

I did that to Mom once, all 14 pounds of me! She had a nasty gash on her chest from my launching off of her with my back legs, but she's fine now.

You guys have a special home too, with your Mom takin' care of all of you and guinea pigs AND other kitties!

2/9/06, 3:37 PM  
Blogger Carolina Cats said...

Poor SSS mom! Thank you for feeding that outside kitty. I was an outside kitty before somebeans rescued me and took me to the good shelter where I met my mom. I hope your owie is ok, Scout didn't mean to hurt you.

Finny

2/9/06, 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home