Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Whose Chair?

Score!
Mom finished watching her hockey game last night and poured a glass of that red stuff called "whine" . She came over to her chair to do some reading but I was napping in it.
She politely asked me if I'd move......... "no, I'm not moving" I said, and put my head down again.
What did she do? She moved the lamp over and went to sit on the couch!
-Shaggy

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB! you know, i usually sleep on the Lady fur shortish periods of time at nite, but last nite i curled up in a furry ball on top of her an stayed fur 5 hours. she neffur moved on account of i was there. effun though she sed she wuz sore frum sleepin in the same position fur so long, she didn't wanna disturb me. we got 'em trained good, hasn't we?
Cocoa

10/12/06, 2:42 PM  
Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Wow, Shaggy, that's real power! My mom? She picks me up and moves me if I try to steal her spot!

10/12/06, 2:58 PM  
Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Shaggy

Yu's has a nice Momma!

*ABBY

10/12/06, 4:12 PM  
Blogger The Crew said...

I'm so proud of you, Shaggy. You asserted yourself and stood your ground! Excellent work!

George

10/12/06, 4:16 PM  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

It's clear who's in charge in YOUR house :-)
That's the advantage of being one of us Big Boys, we can spread to cover more chair space...I do like sharing the chairs with my mum, though, are you a lap sitter?

10/12/06, 6:02 PM  
Blogger Millie said...

You know what happens when the Lady wants to sit in her chair and Gizzy is there? She picks him UP! (Very gently, so as not to disturm him.) Then she sits down and carefully sets him on her lap. And you know WHAT? He hardly even notices. He just wiggles a little bit and goes back to sleep. Gizzy is Amazing.

10/12/06, 6:37 PM  
Blogger Meowers from Missouri said...

excellent training you have given her!

10/12/06, 7:14 PM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Way to go!!!

By the way, does that whine stuff make your Momma complain a lot? Just wondering.

Patches

10/12/06, 7:30 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Yay, your mum knows not to mess with you Shaggy. Live sleeping kitties lie, too.

10/12/06, 9:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We got a big double recliner sofa in our TV room that our mom leaves the recliner parts up so we have a place to sit. Then she sits on the floor on little cushion. With her whine stuff next to her.

10/12/06, 9:40 PM  
Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

That's because she had some whine. It usually makes Mom happy so we can do whatever we wants and sit wherever we wants. We'll prolly get her some whine for Christmas.

10/14/06, 8:23 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

There is a link to a place to purchase it on the book review. That is where Mom got hers. They have hard back and soft cover.

If you want to look elsewhere the ISBN # is :
0-15-168656-4
Harcourt Brace & Co

Hope this helps and good job with the chair. Our Mom likes that whine too.

~Merlin, Shadow, KO KO

10/14/06, 10:57 PM  
Blogger caspersmom said...

Gosh, wish my Mom would do that, let me stay where I am. When she wants to sit where I am she either moves me or says she is going to sit on me. That's when I get out, I don't want her to sit on me. Very rarely, but sometimes she will sit down beside me, especially when I'm on the couch.

Hope your Mom was reading a good book.

Casper

10/14/06, 11:36 PM  
Blogger Ayla said...

Nah, the Mom would just pick me up and toss me on the other chair if I tried to do that. Bomber does that with the Dad's spot on the bed and it frustrated the Dad a lot.

10/15/06, 8:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's a very nice mommy!

10/15/06, 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home