Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Monday, September 11, 2006

I'm Big Boned Not Fat!


Urrrggghhh! Here we go again.
I went off the special diet Purina OM food and now mom says I'm fat again.
She tried to drag me around outside the house to get some exercise. "Three times around the house, come on Shaggy let's go!"
She follows behind me and says I waddle and my weight shifts from side to side and she can't see my hips anymore. Well, geez. She is waddling a bit lately too and no one is nagging at her on a daily basis.
I am a big cat. Some cats are small and delicate and some cats are big and muscular. I am in the latter group. My buddy FatEric is too. How many of you saw the splendid feature he did called "Big Boys on Parade" featuring us and some other well endowed males.
She's talking measuring food again and only feeding twice a day a set times and all that garbage again.
Mmmmm Mmmmmm. Light food. I can hardly wait........
-Shaggy


18 Comments:

Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Well, I can clearly see it's mostly fur anyway. Does your mom need glasses?

9/11/06, 10:46 PM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Only d*gs should be drug around like that. That simply is not right. YOu look fine to me!

Mittens (who is a bit chubby herself)

9/11/06, 11:39 PM  
Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Poor Shaggy, I know just how yoo feel. Since I put on anuvver pound mum has cut my food down. When she finks I'm not looking she sneaks Flynn an extra sashay of stinky goodness. I haf been eating diet crunchies furrefurr it seems like. I am 21 lbs now the same as Fat Eric. Maybe Eric's are aposed to be 21lbs.
BTW that werd verryfeecayshun says
"geeky". Doncha fink that's a bit rood?

9/12/06, 6:10 AM  
Blogger Zeus said...

Perhaps try telling her that because you're so big, there's more of you to love! I'm sure once you put it that way, she'll be unable to resist and will probably drop all of this dieting and exercising nonsense.

I think you're fine just the way you are, Shaggy!

9/12/06, 7:47 AM  
Blogger jenianddean said...

Sometimes we're just bigger. But Mom says she's noticed I've slimmed a little now that we're in the house with stairs. No such luck for Huggy Bear yet, but we'll see. He's "big boned" too...
--Jasper

9/12/06, 8:57 AM  
Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Shaggy

Tell your Momma it's a good fink to have a little junk in the trunk! What does she want to feel bones?

ABBY (a lil full figured herself)

9/12/06, 10:46 AM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

no Shaggy, you are not fat - you are FLOOFY! how are you 'apposed to survive the winter if you don't has your layer of winter floof?

9/12/06, 11:08 AM  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

Ohh, my brother-in-floofiness Shaggy, I feel for you. I know the d-i-e-t scenario all too well. It all seems a bit pointless to me, since I have so much floof no one can see what shape I really am underneath it anyway... Send an SOS if you need extra food!

9/12/06, 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a fact of nay-chur that us fluffy ones gets extra fluff fur winter. plus, doesn't yur momma want you ta help keep her warm in the winter? yur doin her a fave-fur gettin bigger an furrier
Cocoa

9/12/06, 3:27 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Big boned and floofy. Purrfect specimen.

9/12/06, 6:43 PM  
Blogger Petey said...

I feel your pain brother. I'm on a perpetual D-I-E-T.

9/13/06, 12:46 AM  
Blogger Twizzler, Jack, Fwankwin, and Gracie said...

Awwh, Shaggy - we feel for ya buddy. Just remember it's 'cause your mom luvs ya soooo much that she wants ya to stay "healthy". At least, that's what we hear at our house all the time. Maybe lite feel will taste super-yummy?!?!

9/14/06, 11:52 AM  
Blogger Kitty Cats Corner said...

Domino here.

Awwwwwww shucks Shaggy. Dont you fret now. Of course its big bones and NOT fat! Thats what I always say. I even have it on my Catster page.

Just aint right to call a kitty
f-a-t. Taint right at all. *shakes head*

Maybe iffin you fuse to eat that yucky diet food she might let you eat the good crunchies again! It worked for me! *wink*

Purrs - Domino & your furrends @ The Kitty Cat's Corner

PS: Make sure to vote for one of us on our bloggie. *pointing to self* Heh heh

9/14/06, 9:48 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Tell your Mom its called big boned with lots of fur. ~Merlin

9/15/06, 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Garfield has a t-shirt which has a perfect message for me - it says "I'm not fat, I'm under-tall" - which of course means I should be at least 7 feet tall

9/18/06, 11:24 AM  
Blogger Meowers from Missouri said...

bah! i say, bah! balderdash and poppycock! we are majestic and proud big-boned kitties! even though i subsist on a measured diet, twice a day, i persist in weighing in at 23 lbs.

it is our nature, you silly humans--our NATURE that makes us so voluptuous and imposing. so splendid! so stately! by godfrey . . . WE FLUFFY KITTIES RULE!

Sir Edmund Percival Hillary, on behalf of all floofy kitties everywhere.

9/18/06, 9:03 PM  
Blogger Kitty Cats Corner said...

*Domino here again*

Hey Merlin m'man - does'n the fluffy fur part count iff'n you got real short fur? *chuckles*

Purrs - The Kitty Cat's Corner cats

9/21/06, 12:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What foolishness. I hear the same thing over and over and over. The humans just go get new clothes and pass the older "smaller" sizes on to other humans and they get "too busy" to go to the gymn. But, me? Gain an once and here comes that lousy food from the vet again. She didn't REALLY drag you three times around the house, did she? BIG BOYS UNITE! -- SKY

9/25/06, 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home