Doing Better
Scooby is doing better. He started normal litterbox use after his first dose of anitbiotics, and he is being pretty cooperative about taking them.
I took him off the special food at least for now.
He had been throwing up every day since I started the changeover, and was going super slow about it, because he doesn't tolerate food changes well at all. Then yesterday I found about 12 spots all over the place where he threw up! Ugh!
I don't know if it is the antibiotics or the food, but based on his problems with new food in the past, I decided the antibiotics are more important right now and gave him his regular food. He is drinking lots of water too.
I'll wait to discuss it with the vet on the return visit in 2 weeks.
But for now the Scoober is feeling much, much better! And thank you for all your get well wishes!!!





21 Comments:
yea Slick! you hang in there and take your medicines and you'll feel better. i've been there, Man, and i know it's not fun.
Yay! for Scooby feeling better. We are furry glad to hear it.
Scooby good to hear you are beginning to feel better. Keep drinking and taking those pills. Try not to leave so many deposits on the rugs.
So glad you are doing better Scooby. We want you health and happy for the summer season. I'll post your progress on the TGH, roundup. Have a restful weekend.
Samantha & Tigger
WooHoo! I am glad things are better for you!
Purrs!
Whew, I'm purring for you my Slick!
YEAH! YIPEE! WOHOO! Our purrs are working......
Patches
Oh Hooray for Scooby feeling better.
I'm so happy to hear that Scooby is doing better!
Scooby, continuing to send healing purrs your way.
We are so glad that Scooby is doing better. Keep taking those antibiotics!
I hate antibiotics. I really think they were invented to tick off the kitty... And it works, they do tick me off...
;)
Glad Scooby's feeling a bit better!
hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray. Keep feelin betters Scooby ~poiland tribe
I'm so glad you're feeling better Scooby. Keep it up and get all well!
Scooby we are purrin and purrin you are better completely soon! Hugs and HeadBoinks
Scooby
I am glad you are feeling better. We are continuing to purr for you!!
Abby, Boo, Ping, Jinx and Gracie
We're so glad that Scooby is doing better. About the yakking, now you know what it's like living with 10 poodins all the time!
Bow can't handle the amoxi/clavamox type antibiotics and always pukes if we forget and try to give those to him. But maybe it is the food like you said.
Luf, Us
We are so sorry to hear that you weren't feelin' so good Scooby - but very happy that your doin' better know! Take care & feel good!
Sorry it took me so long to see this, but if Scooby is vomiting so much, he's not getting the benefits of his antibiotics if he's not keeping them down and could become seriously dehydrated. (Possibly why he's drinking more)
Please, please don't wait 2 weeks to talk to your vet. He can try a different medicine or give something to combat nausea.
Crews Mom
I'm glad Scooby is feeling better. Get all well soon, Scooby.
Scooby, I'm so glad to hear you are doing better. Mom agrees about the food. Hope you get all well really soon.
Casper
scoobs! glad to hear you're gettin' better. that no-pee business can get to be a real pain (literally and ofurrwise)!
our First Cat (mouse mc nasty) had those crystals, an' he hadda take an acidifying pill efurry day. he got to where he would come when he heard the pills rattle in the bottle, then sit down while mom poked it down his throat. (we've heard that story a jillion times in our years here . . . like efurry time one of us hasta take medicine!!)
the story we only ONCE was ofurrheard by xing when mom was tellin' a furriend about how she got busy an' distracted one morning and ended up takin' mouse's pill with her vitamins. an' then some wicked bean at work got her a litter box for her office! we like THAT story better;-)
meows & purrs--
nels, ed, nitro, & xingxing
Post a Comment
<< Home