Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Monday, July 07, 2008

Birdie!!


I caught a baby birdie when I was outside on my harness today!
He was just out of the nest, hiding where his momma put him, in a little bush by our house.
I reached up and grabbed him, but then he jumped to the ground and started hopping away.
So I ran and pounced him and had him right in between my paws. He was lifting his beak up like he expected me to feed him, chirping & flapping his wings.
The momma & daddy robin and their relatives were making a racket & swooping at me. I just wanted to play! Mom came running when she saw me attack the bush and go after him in the yard then she ruined all the fun by telling me I couldn't have it and she unhooked me & took me in the house.
I just wanted to play!
-Scout

23 Comments:

Blogger The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

EEEKS!!! Maybe the baby birdie was too little to play. Is he okay???

7/7/08, 7:13 AM  
Blogger jenianddean said...

Maybe if you had some worms to give the baby robin, then you could have fed him, then played. Maggie is really impressed with your ability to find the hidden robin.
--Jasper

7/7/08, 9:04 AM  
Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh dear. Baby birdies just have no challenge. I think you should have gone for the big ones!

7/7/08, 10:20 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I think you should have given him some werms. That would be fun!

7/7/08, 1:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Too bad ya wernt here Scout! The Big Thing says we can haf anny Robins cause all they do is eat his garden worms. Apparently worms are good things.

7/7/08, 5:16 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Good hunting Scout. I don't think your mum thought you just wanted to play. Plus the bigger birdies might have attacked you.

7/7/08, 7:45 PM  
Blogger Chrissie said...

That is EXCELLENT! Wow! You are one awesome hunter, Scout...too bad your mom took your prize away. It would have been so nice and tender, too!

7/7/08, 7:50 PM  
Blogger Max said...

Doood! Birds have cooties! Eewww!

7/7/08, 10:05 PM  
Blogger Lone Star Purrs said...

Momma's haf a way of ruinin' all the fun!!! Mine taked away a little gecko that wuz in owr houwse. I wuz JUST tryin' to protect her from it....honest.
:;purrs::
~Kiara (Meeko too)

7/7/08, 10:19 PM  
Blogger The Island Cats said...

Wow, Scout...we've never caught a birdie before! That must have been exciting! Too bad your mom ruined all the fun...

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

7/7/08, 10:36 PM  
Blogger DK & The Fluffies said...

Sweeite... I have a giftie for you!

7/7/08, 11:01 PM  
Blogger DK & The Fluffies said...

Sweeite... I have a giftie for you!

7/7/08, 11:01 PM  
Blogger Motor Home Cats said...

Poor Scout. Did your mom at least praise you once she got you inside. You did very good.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

7/8/08, 2:41 AM  
Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, Scout, you are a great hunter! Very impressive that you were able to catch something on your harness! We've never been able to catch anything when we're out on our harnesses.

7/8/08, 6:02 AM  
Blogger L. Alida said...

It's so hard to fight that hunting kitty instinct isn't it honey? :) I fear I would have done the same thing as your Mom.
My you are three very pretty cats and it's so nice to meet new friends.
I'm trying to visit bloggie friends as often as I can.
Ask your Mom if any of you were wild, naughty kittens, because I have one right now and we need some advice! :)
Hugs from my 4 kitties and me.
Lorianna

7/8/08, 2:09 PM  
Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

Doze beans always wants to ruin da fun. Dat same fing happend to me cept da birdie wuzn't so young. But still I had him in my paws reddy to chomp on him or play an den Mom made me open my mouf. How mean wuz dat?

7/8/08, 7:09 PM  
Blogger michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Excellent hunting~!
I am admiring your hunting skill!

7/8/08, 9:53 PM  
Blogger meemsnyc said...

Oh no Scout! You caught a baby birdie! It's good that your mom bean stopped you before he was hurted!

7/8/08, 10:38 PM  
Blogger Forty Paws said...

Uh oh.

Luf, Us

7/9/08, 9:02 PM  
Blogger Sweet Purrfections said...

Poor little baby - both the cat and the bird. We have our third next of baby birds in the bird house of the front porch. I listen to them all the time, but don't have access to them.

7/9/08, 11:33 PM  
Blogger jenianddean said...

I have an award for you from my 7-10 post ...
--Jasper

7/10/08, 7:52 AM  
Blogger Lux said...

Scout, that was some good hunting you did.

7/11/08, 12:27 AM  
Blogger Chrissie said...

Sooooo, what have ya'll been up to? Are you on vacation? Are your people on vacation? :)

7/12/08, 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home