Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mars




This last weekend after frog hunting (see last post)
our friend and neighbor kitty, Mars, came over to visit.
He got out around his Gramma's legs again. He's a small, thin cat so he really can slip by undetected.
Mom goes all "squeeeeeee" over him because he is an orinch
cat and she has never had an orinch cat before.
Mars will always come to lounge on the front steps or on a chair
on the porch. Sometimes he will just lay in the grass near me, Scout.
He never goes far, just his yard & ours. He's 8, same as Shaggy & Scooby.
Mom has been giving him Fancy Feast when he visits lately. She did it once, so of course now every time he comes over he rubs her legs & asks for some. He doesn't get any at home. Here he is enjoying his food, then I couldn't resist and had to help him.
Shaggy and I sat in the sun on the steps with mom after he left.
It was a good morning.
-Scout

13 Comments:

Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

I think it is good to have friends!

8/27/08, 1:42 PM  
Blogger DK & The Fluffies said...

Hey Shaggy - it was very nice of you to share with that ginger cat. BTW how is my handsome Slick feeling? Beter?

8/27/08, 1:42 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Mars looks like a nice guy. it's really great that you gotted a extra stinky goodness snack too!

8/27/08, 2:09 PM  
Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

I can see why Mars comes to bisit! I bet him's Gramma's glad to know he won't go far.

Are you SURE you want multiple cats in bed wif you? Mom an Dad is bannoyed wif us fur havin arguments on da bed wif dem. We's just rasslin, honest!
Purrs, Victor

8/27/08, 8:45 PM  
Blogger auntie p said...

That's very hospitable of you all. I agree that was a lovely morning. :)

8/27/08, 8:51 PM  
Blogger Sweet Purrfections said...

That's very nice of you to share your food and your porch with Mars.

Mom says to say thank you for stopping by and leaving her well wishes for her foot.

8/27/08, 9:26 PM  
Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Furry nayborly of yoo to share wif Mars...poor Zippy is still sitting in da window looking fur Oliver. She just doesn't unnerstand dat he moved away.

8/27/08, 9:27 PM  
Blogger Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Dats nise ta share wif Mars...

Hims looks lonely and likes your company!

Katie Too.

8/28/08, 3:01 AM  
Blogger jenianddean said...

That's nice to have a visitor, especially an orange visitor. And he's nice to share his stinky goodness with you, too. Looks like you had a perfect sunny afternoon.
--Jasper

8/28/08, 9:32 AM  
Blogger Christine and FAZ said...

It's nice to have such friendly neighbours, my neighbours Mr Brown and Mr Black and Mr Ginger are not so friendly although they do like to help themselves to my food. They are not so thin either, like your friend Mars, so they can't be hungry just greedy. FAZ

8/28/08, 12:09 PM  
Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Mars it is good that you have a secret place to visit...it is like Mars to you isn't it? Thank goodness Scooby and Shaggy are showing you true hospitality...

purrs
Abby

8/28/08, 1:12 PM  
Blogger The Misadventures Of Me said...

I like kitty foods too!

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY!!

I get loud voices when I eats it.

I is Jake!

8/28/08, 1:51 PM  
Blogger Chrissie said...

AWWWWW, your m!om is sure nice. I'll bet your orinch friend thinks you have a great life and wants to have some of it rub off on him. You guys are very good to him!

8/29/08, 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home