Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust

Look what I brought mom to cheer her up!
Dad's out of town and I thought she'd like a little something to chase the boredom.
I've been stalking this dude all summer and finally got him!
I thought Mom would want to stuff & mount it on the wall, but she said we had to bury him & let him rest in peace.
-Shaggy



13 Comments:

Blogger L. Alida said...

Oh Shaggy, Cody brought me a present like that too! He likes to go out in the yard and I had to go in for a few minutes. He's a big smart mancat and never goes far. He's also faster then I thought! I heard him meowing on the porch and when I went out I saw a chipmunk between his jaws. He looked proud, I screamed! :) Poor chippy! :(
He was given a proper burial by my husband and Cody still can't understand why I screamed.
Oh, tell your mom I feed kitties that are not mine too! Every cat deserves Fancy Feast! :)
Hugs and Purrs,
Lorianna

8/28/08, 11:35 PM  
Blogger Parker said...

Nicely done Shaggy!

8/29/08, 5:12 AM  
Blogger Boy said...

Oh no! Rest in peace...

8/29/08, 12:53 PM  
Blogger The Crew said...

Our yard is overrun with chips. They're all over our deck, too. If you feel the need to do some more hunting, come on over!

8/29/08, 1:42 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Shaggy, do chicken-monkeys really taste like chick-hen?

8/29/08, 2:17 PM  
Blogger Rosemary B❤️ said...

eeeew.... uh, I mean cool!!

8/29/08, 2:47 PM  
Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Wow, good work.. Can we come over and help?

8/29/08, 6:26 PM  
Blogger Lux said...

If my mom can get upset over a centipede, I can just imagine her response if faced with this! ;-)

8/29/08, 6:29 PM  
Blogger Chrissie said...

That is SO totally awesome, Shaggy. You ROCK, dude! Someday, I hope to catch myself a real live rodent and dead it good, just like you! Wow!

8/29/08, 6:36 PM  
Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

Dose chippymunks are quite pretty and pretty lively so yoo done good.

8/29/08, 7:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! Ya caught a chippie... We seem them but nefer catched one. Concatulashuns!

8/31/08, 4:39 AM  
Blogger jenianddean said...

Good hunting, but I think you're supposed to catch and release so you can catch him again. Still, that's a nice thing to give your Mom a gift. I guess it's better than bringing him, alive, into the house.
--Jasper

9/1/08, 1:53 PM  
Blogger The Island Cats said...

Oh, Shaggy...if we had done that, mom would still be screaming!!! We hope you gave him a proper burial....

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

9/2/08, 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home