Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Cat Haiku

Ok, here's the deal.
Max got nipped and started writing kitty haiku. Then Derby got creative & posted some. A few others are joining in too.
So we figured to jump in & try. Mom says haiku is 17 syllables in 3 lines. The first line has 5 syllables, the second line has 7 and the third line 5 again. Rules, rules, rules. Well here goes:

Psychokitty Max
Stinky Goodness is his life
Snarky cat wisdom

Exotic lifestyle
wine, women, fortune and fame
Gigolokitty

Grammie loves him so
Timothy Dickens leads us
Master of the blog

Whiskers in the dark
cat on the prowl tonight
silent, watching, brave.

Handsome and bold am I
sexy, tuxedo Scooby
but a fraidy cat, alas.

Tabby tiger Scout
Alert and ready to pounce
cats beware, Scout rules

Waiting, watching cat
See Edsel appear distant
Backyard guardian

Playful handsome cat
Oreo dear Oreo
Friend, brave companion

Cold and bitter here
winter sky, grey and dreary
come, spring, green and mild

Hey this is fun!!!!!!!!

14 Comments:

Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

whoa,you guys are really good, my Mom and i are very impressed with your poetness!

2/19/06, 11:40 AM  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

Very good haiku, I particularly like the one about Max.

2/19/06, 12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys are prolific poets!!!

2/19/06, 2:39 PM  
Blogger PrincessMia said...

Very cool! Max has really inspired us, yet again.

2/19/06, 3:30 PM  
Blogger Max said...

..AND you're really good at it!!!

2/19/06, 8:59 PM  
Blogger Spock said...

I like yours bestes of all...maybe cause one of 'em is about me.....

2/20/06, 6:41 AM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

That is all such great haiku!

2/20/06, 9:59 AM  
Blogger Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! said...

Those am some great haikus, guys!

2/20/06, 10:52 AM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

These am furry good......maybe you should write a book! You could make lotsa monies and buy stinky goodness for all us cat bloggers......you think??

2/20/06, 2:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nice blog and pictures so sweet the cats ...welcome to my blog too =^.^=

2/20/06, 3:54 PM  
Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

You are super very good at the Haiku!! I have never been good at. I'm very much impressed.

2/20/06, 6:32 PM  
Blogger Timmy said...

Oh WOW!!! I sawed one about me! Me!! And it says I'm the master of the blogs :) I'm blushing! For real! Thank you so much for the kindest words ever!! I'm gonna hafta get my thinkin' writin' hat on and start makin' my haikus...I knows who to write about ;)

2/21/06, 12:09 AM  
Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Wow! You guys did LOTS!

2/21/06, 8:49 AM  
Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Wow so much poe-tree.
How pretty!
We like those haikus!

*Abby

2/21/06, 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home