Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Bean Training 101

We have the beans trained real well.
Mom was having a bite of lunch at the kitchen table today.
She got up to re-fill her water glass.
I jumped up & took the chair she was sitting on.
She moved her plate and her magazine to another chair & continued her lunch.
Bean dad went into the family room to watch some tv the other night. Shaggy was in "his chair." Bean dad sat on the couch instead.
How well are your beans trained?
-Scooby

20 Comments:

Blogger Storm & Mocha said...

Oh, yes, our mommy and daddy are very well trained. If daddy gets up from the recliner and I take it over, he'll come back and just sit on the floor in front of the recliner. This is definitely the good life!

4/24/06, 3:31 PM  
Blogger PrincessMia said...

Well done, Scooby!

4/24/06, 5:09 PM  
Blogger Zeus said...

Terrific work, Scooby! When they do what you want them to do without you having to say a word, you know you have reached Zen-like control.

My human pet is definitely fabulously trained, and your post today just inspired me to write one for my own blog! Thank you for the inspiration to break my writer's block!

4/24/06, 6:40 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

wow. we wish our mommy was trained. good job scooby!

4/24/06, 6:56 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

You've done furry well. Keep it up.

4/24/06, 7:42 PM  
Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

wow, mine arent' trained as good as yours, i'll have to get to work. if you can share any pointers, would appreciate it!

4/24/06, 8:47 PM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Yes, we have them trained well. Dad will sit in the other recliner if I have his, and Mom will sit in another chair if I have hers. Sometimes Dad will squeeze in next to me, that is fine, I even get my purrbox going.

4/24/06, 9:12 PM  
Blogger Boni said...

Wow. We really need to work on training our beans. Got any tips?

4/25/06, 1:12 AM  
Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

No such luck at my house. Mom always makes us move.

4/25/06, 8:28 AM  
Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Unfortunately, we have to agree with Squilliam. If we don't move for humans at our house, they will hover over us, inching toward us slowly in an attempt to intimidate us, until we move.

Not a fun game at all!

4/25/06, 9:13 AM  
Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Scooby

You have done a catastic job of training your beans! I can get my Momma to do just about anything. She will cater to my every whim cuz I look real cutie to her and meow real soft and low and it gets her everyfurry time. I loves my Momma doh.I want her all to myselfs.

*ABBY

4/25/06, 9:58 AM  
Blogger The Crew said...

Bean training is an ongoing project. They're such slow learners! I've been at it 9 years already and still have much to do.

George
The Crew

4/25/06, 10:57 AM  
Blogger =^..^= said...

I prefer sitting ON my beans... completely disregarding what they're doing (be it working on the puter or having dinner or snoring loudly in the dead of the night). Beans make great heated cushions, I say.

~Bombay

4/25/06, 1:19 PM  
Blogger Petey said...

If we try that the humans just forcibly remove us. They are so not trained.

4/25/06, 2:12 PM  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

My humans are pretty well trained, my dad will sit on the floor if I am occupying the sofa. My mum usually shares the sofa with me if I am on it.

4/25/06, 5:36 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Not that well...~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko

4/25/06, 10:19 PM  
Blogger Amy in NC said...

Hmmm....obviously we don't have our Mom trained well enough. She makes us get out of the chair or moves us on the couch if that's where she wants to sit. Do you have any pointers on getting the beans trained?

Knightly

4/26/06, 11:18 AM  
Blogger Twizzler, Jack, Fwankwin, and Gracie said...

You guys have done good work with your people! You should give classes at Petsmart!

4/26/06, 1:53 PM  
Blogger jenianddean said...

We have trained mom and dad like you wouldn't believe. My favorite things is to jump into bed right before her. Here's how it works: when she's brushing her teeth before bedtime, I run in and lay down on her side of the bed. I get really comfy and cute. She'll say "well thanks Jasper for warming the bed up for me", but little does she know I'm there to stay. Mom will sometimes sqeeeeeeeeeeze in beside me and dad, or she will sit at the foot of the bed and watch some tv. Usually Huggy or Josie or Maggie or all three will jump up to get the mom pets and chin scratches, and I'll hop down or get on dad's pillow.

-Jasper

4/26/06, 4:14 PM  
Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

That's why I gets to sit and lay on the kitchen table readin the paper or waiting for scritches. I have trained the beans to let me stay there. Although now they don't eats there anymore either. They goes to the dining room table and unfortunately I can't go there.

4/27/06, 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home