Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Moonlight Cat


Heh-Heh.
I scared mom really good in the middle of the night.
Moonlight was streaming in the bedroom window across the foot of the bed all nice & bright.
I was sitting up tall in it, basking and enjoying the quiet.
And watching mom sleep.
She must have felt my eyes looking at her because she rolled over and just about jumped out of her skin when she saw me sitting like that in the moonlight staring at her.
Heh-heh. That was a good one.
-Scooby

23 Comments:

Blogger WCTs said...

Scooby you are a sly and tricky kitty! Love your funny face in this pic. Great shot mom!

=^..^=

4/17/06, 12:38 PM  
Blogger Zeus said...

Scooby, your face is priceless, my human pet said.

Way to go with giving the human pet a jump! Sometimes, they need that!

I wanted to let the three of you know that I added you to my list of links! You three participate in so many blogs that I just chose this one if that's ok!

4/17/06, 12:53 PM  
Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

you was guardin' her, that's what you were doin'!

4/17/06, 3:22 PM  
Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Man! That picture of you is pretty scary. I kept walking back and forth in front of the computer screen and it looked like your eyes followed me everywhere I went!

Zoinks!

4/17/06, 3:40 PM  
Blogger Quinn and Angel brandi said...

Be nice to your mama! Guarding is good, thought. Scare all the night nasties away from your mom!

4/17/06, 3:54 PM  
Blogger The Crew said...

Hahahaha. Sometimes it's neat to scare your Mom.

4/17/06, 4:17 PM  
Blogger Timmy said...

Oh that's awesome! LOL!!! I'll have to try that with Momma. The Moon has been quite a temptress lately hasn't it? Beautiful milky white light... purrrr

4/17/06, 4:49 PM  
Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

I slept in moonlite one nite! It was right there on the bed, between Mom & Dad. Makin Mom jump is funny, but did she get up an feed you or just go back to sleep? I make Bonnie jump wifout efun trying!

4/17/06, 6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heeheeheeheehee!

4/17/06, 7:00 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Scooby, its not nice to scare the mom. She might not recognize you in the dark and thinks you are a cat burglar. hehehe.

4/17/06, 7:29 PM  
Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

Bet you was watching over her good huh? That moonlight has magical powers. I was sleepin in the moonbeam the udder nite too when Mommy found me and she scaird me instead!
BeauBeau

4/17/06, 7:38 PM  
Blogger Max said...

Heh. Good job!

4/17/06, 9:56 PM  
Blogger Lone Star Purrs said...

Heehee! Our Momma thought that wuz funny...'till she stabbed herself with the needle she wuz sewing with ('cause she wuz lughin' so hard!)

4/17/06, 10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scooby,
You are truly a man of mystery. That photo and story prove it.
;-)
~ turtle

4/17/06, 10:56 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Gramma Trixie does that efurry night. She just sits right next to Mommy's head and stares at her real hard. It's funny. - Miles

4/18/06, 7:55 AM  
Blogger Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

You should have made her real nervous by pretty to hide something. That way, she thinks you were plotting something while she slept. I like to leave a tape measure, two crayons and some duct tape lying around. It keeps my humans thinking.

Magoo

4/18/06, 8:23 AM  
Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Scooby

I betcha did cause your Momma a bad fright. She didn't realize she had a kitty angel watchin' over her keepin' her safe from all those night nasties.

**ABBY

4/18/06, 8:41 AM  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

I think maybe black and tuxie cats are better at freaking out humans by being spooky than we gingers are. We are too colourful to be creepy.

4/18/06, 5:14 PM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

I do that too.......stare and stare.....but you do look scary, I have to admit....yes, I think your eyes are following me too!!

Patches

4/18/06, 5:59 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

You guys have been tagged. Stop by my blog to see the topic.

4/18/06, 6:35 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Hahahahahahhaa, that's a good one Scooby. We may have to try that ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko

4/19/06, 12:33 AM  
Blogger jenianddean said...

Now that's too funny. We'll have to try that one night.
--Jasper

4/19/06, 8:58 AM  
Blogger Chatham said...

heh heh is right ... you are toooo funny!

4/19/06, 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home