Cat Bite
This is our neighborkitty Tiger. He "lives" next door but they really don't take care of him. He is always outside roaming around, even in the dead cold of winter. Mom made a warm nest box for him and put it under our low deck in a sheltered, secluded out of the weather corner. It has warm thermal self warming bedding and insulation in it. Tiger's people put out cheap crappy food for him when they think of it, so mom feeds him canned food whenever he comes around...which is usually everyday. She doesn't mind. She loves kitties.Well, Tuesday she got a little too cuddly with Tiger. She can pet his head & stroke his back a little, but he didn't want to be petted that day and turned & bit mom's left hand and drew blood in several places. Mom checked with his people and he had his rabies boosters last fall and she was relieved about that. But her hand really hurted deep inside and she had to go to see the doctor and go on anti-biotics.
They say all cat bites are dangerous, can you imagine that? Those doctors said all cat bites should be checked immediately because we carry bad bacteria in our mouths.
Of all the nerve. Have you kitty friends seen some to the things people put in their mouths?
And Tiger: Never bite the hand that feeds you!





17 Comments:
Poor mum having a hurty from the kitty. I nip at mum sometimes, but never hard enough to break the skin. And she keeps saying "don't bite the hand that feeds you Derby".
Mum is happy about the hockey game. Plus she is happy she wasn't cheerying for Wisconsin. She saw lots of UND fans in downtown on Friday at the museum. Go Fighting Sioux!
OW. It's good she had it checked out. the Woman says when she was younger her mom got bit by their cat and didn't think anything about it...weeks later she had to go to into the hospital for a long time because she had cat scratch fever. No chit! It's not just a song!
This is sad. Your mama who got bit and Tiger who doesn't get took good care of if not for your mama. Headbutts to you all.
I have to confess that last summer, when my people were away for a few days, I bit Granny. She was feeding us, and giving me my pills. One day I just didn't want it, and let her know it. She had to go to the doctor because I had given her "cat scratch fever". She got sick. I felt bad about it.
The people across the street from us have cats that never seem to get inside, even during the winter. The kids aren't too nice, either. Cat Couch says that the woman is too out of it to know what she's doing or not doing.
Poor Mom - and poor Tiger.....He just doesn't know how to behave.
We had a stray like that once, Spook. He lived in our garden and loved our Mama loads, but now and then (cos he didn't know better) he bited her. But she still loved him.
pandora
Your poor Mom. I hope the anti-bioticks help her get better real fast. And poor Tiger for not gettin taken care of then bein silly enough to bite the hand that feeds you. You guys gotta teach Tiger to behave right Scooby, Shaggy and Scout!
PS. I try not to look at what my beans put in their mouths. Yuk!
Magoo bit his grandma once on her upper arm and she had to get a tetanus shot from the ER Doctors. He wanted to know what kind of animal could sink its teeth into her entire biscep muscle on both side of her arm. She just responded that the doctor hasn't seen her daughter's cat.
Poor Tiger! I am sorry you got bitten but it seems the kitty has a difficult time trusting.
OK, so I always take the side of kitties, even when my own psycho ex-feral brooder sinks his teeth into my ankle:)
Ouch, it sounds like Tiger gave you a nasty surprise! I've been bitten twice by cats but luckily never had an infection. My cat who died two years ago was a lifetime "thrill" biter... she'd give a nip to liven things up, but she never broke the skin. I took in a stray last summer who wasn't quite as gentle with me and gave me a couple of bites on the leg, but then we found out he had some infected toes and that was probably putting him in a bad mood. Since we had his toes fixed, no more biting, thank goodness.
Poor S, S, and S's mum. I do not bite but my Cornish Grandma's cat used to sometimes. We don't have rabies here in the UK so that is one less thing to worry about. Hope your mum feels better soon.
Oh my gosh! I hope your Mom is ok now. Tiger needs to get used to her so he can come live with you guys!
Poor Tiger. It's horrible when a kittys parents don't take good care of them. I know that when I was a baby and Mommy found me in the garden, that I bit and scratched her really bad when she picked me up, and her hand got 'fected really bad. I telled her I was sorry, and she said it was OK 'acause I was really little and really 'fraid. I would never do that to Mommy now though. - Sammy
Tiger was probably confused because he's not used to getting loves like we are ... poor guy, and your poor Mom too. I hope this doesn't hurt their relationship.
--Jasper
Mom still loves Tiger. She loves all kitties.
Our Mom has had cats bites before and had to get those biotics. The Doctor told her that the only animal with a mouth dirtier than a cat's mouth is a human mouth. At least humans are rated dirtier than ours. Frankly I don't like to talk about it. ~Merlin
Poor Mom! So sweet of her to care for Tiger, even when he's being a butthead. He must be used to meanness and neglect. But it wasn't smart or nice of him to bite your Mom. He has NO IDEA how lucky he is.
Oweeeeyyyy--Poor Tiger and poor SSS Mom.
Hope your hand is better. Lil' Tiger didn't know you wuz no better. He is still learnin'. Like me, I am a lil' biter too. I don't tries to hurt nobody, but my former beans didn't love me like my new Momma. My Daddy still scara me a lil. So, I nip him, I made him turn red. I hassta try to be better. I understand lil' Tiger, we's really 'fraid of beans. But,wif lots of love and cuddles we learn to trust. Cuz I trust my Momma completely. I betcha Tiger will trusts you, he just gets fraidy and reacts out fear.
**ABBY
Post a Comment
<< Home