Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Rooster Shots

I gotted my rooster shots today. That's what I called them until Scooby called me a dumb baby and said they are booster shots.
I went to see that nice man the v-e-t named Dr. Rich. Mom says that Rich is his name but he could also be called Dr. Rich as in wealthy because of the prices he charges. Whatever.
I had my 1 year checkup. Actually I am 1 year and 3 months old and I now weigh 12 pounds. He said I am a big boy now. He stroked my fur and said it is full and glossy and he also squeezed my innards and said I feel good there too. He checked my toofs and ears and eyes and listened to my heart and lungs and said I am in perfect health and handsome too!
The ladies in pajamas came after the doctor left the room and gave me 2 shots, but they gave me a treat after and said what a good boy I am.
I frowed up after I gotted home, and the rest of the day I have just been doing a lot of sleeping. Way more than usual because those shot things do that to you. But Mom says I'll be up bouncing around off the walls just like normal tomorrow!
SCOUT

14 Comments:

Blogger Zeus said...

I'm glad to hear you had a good visit with the vet. I have my own examination coming up in October, and I never like going. I hope mine ends on a good note like your's, Scout!

8/30/06, 7:22 AM  
Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Glad to hear you are in such good health. Bubbles also always feels sleepy after his booster shots.

8/30/06, 3:13 PM  
Blogger caspersmom said...

Scout, sorry to hear you had to have rooster shots but at least you got good news about being healthy. So sorry you had to barf. That's always yucky.

Mom's vet must be Dr. Rich to cause she is always complaining that every time someone goes in the price gets higher. She was grumbling when she took Amber in to get her nails trimmed the other day.

Casper

8/30/06, 5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they did all that to ya an ya didn't put the bitey on 'em? wow - you ARE a good boy!
Cocoa

8/30/06, 5:38 PM  
Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

yeah, we have to go to the vet dr soon too. we're actually overdue but 'cause my Mom can't drive til november, she called them and they said it would be ok if we come in late. sorry you barfed

8/30/06, 8:38 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Good to know that you are good to go for another year.

8/30/06, 9:30 PM  
Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

All that pokey stuff just takes it all out of us! Why can't they just ask, "How are you?"

8/30/06, 10:48 PM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Scout, you are little yet, and maybe dont know the proper way to frow up. Always do it on the carpet, but better yet, on the bedspread. Never do it on hardwood or linoleum! OK?

Mittens Pollypaws

8/31/06, 9:50 AM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

we has to go and get our rooster shots soon too. but if they makes up frow up, then we don't want to go.

8/31/06, 10:51 AM  
Blogger jenianddean said...

Ugh ... shots. So sorry to hear that. I can't believe how you've gotten because you and Maggie are about the same age and she's still tiny (7-8 pounds) but she is a girl. Glad you had a good checkup.
--Jasper

8/31/06, 11:21 AM  
Blogger Meowers from Missouri said...

good news like yours (except for the urking part) is always welcome! glad you are fine and dandy--we already knew you were handsome!!

xingxing

8/31/06, 5:01 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

I think those rooster shots are for the birds, not poodies. ~Merlin

8/31/06, 5:14 PM  
Blogger Amy in NC said...

Glad to hear that you are in good health! Mom got a card today saying that it's time for my shots but I threw it away so that she'll forget about it.

Knightly

8/31/06, 8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scout, you and me are about the same size! I'm sorry your tummy was sick, but moms are pretty good with that stuff.

We think your mom is pretty nice for taking care of the outside kitty.

9/1/06, 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home