Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Conference

Scene: Three cats on the kitchen table, looking serious.
Mom is called into the room.
Shaggy: Have a seat, Mom.
Mom: What is the meaning of this?
Scooby: It's time for your quarterly review. I'll get it out of the way and tell you there will not be a raise this year.
Mom: What are you talking about?
Shaggy: As alpha cat I speak for the other two in telling you your litter box duty has fallen off considerably in the last several months. You used to scoop them daily, now we are lucky if it's every other day. With three cats, that's a lot of poop.
Mom: Well, my mind just isn't what it used to be. I'm more forgetful lately.
Scout: Mom, when I rub & purr on your ankles, it means "food, now". You can tell me how cute I am later.
Mom: Scout, I can't feed you guys when ever you ask for it. Some of you are getting fat!
Shaggy: Let's do away with the insults too.
Scooby: We'd like fresh catnip toys on a regular basis too.
Scout: And more feather toys!
Mom: Catnip and toys are perks, I don't have to provide those you know!
Shaggy: Bottom line, no raise.
Mom: Geez, guys! I didn't think I've been slacking, but I'll try to put a little more effort into daily maintenance.
Scooby: Ok. Now get back to work.

16 Comments:

Blogger CatDonna & Cats said...

Ohhh boy. Sounds like Scooby's gotten Shaggy and Scout to gang up against the Mom in retaliation for the v-e-t!

Hold out for a raise, Mom!

5/29/07, 9:51 AM  
Blogger Shilgiah the Cat said...

My mom is still laughing...hahahahaha. Wait a minute though...think about it...how's your mom gonna buy more feather toys if she doesn't get a raise? And if she gets a raise maybe she could afford a maid just to clean the kitty litter three times a day.

5/29/07, 10:01 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Hmmm, I think it might be time for my Mommie's quarterly review, too.

5/29/07, 11:38 AM  
Blogger Forty Paws said...

Wow! You guys are kinda hard on your Mom aren't you? Goodness.

Oh well, every corporation is run differently.

Luf, Us

5/29/07, 11:44 AM  
Blogger jenianddean said...

That's a tough review, but every-other-day on the pooper just doesn't cut it, I guess. Glad Scooby is doing better.
--Jasper

5/29/07, 2:48 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

ah, quarterly review - great idea. OH MOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

5/30/07, 9:50 AM  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

LOL...poor Mom!
My humans are pretty good at scooping the litter box every day, but I ration out how much lap time I grant them according to how good they have been catering to my every need.
I worked really hard this morning to get 2 breakfasts from 2 different humans. My acting hungry was of an Oscar-winning standard. But it still didn't work. Sigh.

5/30/07, 3:24 PM  
Blogger Parker said...

HaHaHa! It's time for a serious review here as well!

5/30/07, 4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, she sez she's gonna try harder so guess you should give her another chance. but, about the nip an fev-vers...sure, she doesn't HAVE TO provide 'em, but shouldn't she WANT TO? don't you guys deserve efurrything you want, when you want it? we think so.

5/30/07, 6:13 PM  
Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Shaggy, maybe you should have told her "no treats"!

5/30/07, 9:24 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

A review of mum? That might be interesting. But she is furry good on the box cleaning. Every night!

5/30/07, 9:31 PM  
Blogger The Crew said...

Guys, this is great!!! I've been waiting for someone to do a performance review and yours is the first I've seen.

I've been having the same problems with my staff here (aka Mom). Oh, I know she's busy and stuff, and Dad doesn't help much, but really, shouldn't WE come first? Aren't OUR needs more important than everything else? Aren't we all tired of the same old excuses as to why things don't get done?

I applaud your outstanding review, guys! clapclapclapclapclapclap

George

5/31/07, 3:16 PM  
Blogger The M's said...

Be careful to not bite the hand that feeds you. She can cut out the Temptations, especially if you do not give her a raise.

5/31/07, 4:54 PM  
Blogger Karen Jo said...

That's a great idea. I hope the litterbox cleaning schedule got fixed. If she improves, maybe you should reconsider her raise.

5/31/07, 8:35 PM  
Blogger caspersmom said...

Boy, you guys sure got pretty rough on your Mom. Is it working for you? Has she straigthened out and flying right? So far, our poop box gets cleaned out every evening, but a quarterly report sounds like something to think about. Especially when it comes to hunting froggies and lizards and her always saving them.

Casper

5/31/07, 10:56 PM  
Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Nice quaterly review of your mom! Litterbox maintenance is certainly very important, and you can never had too many feather toys!

6/1/07, 2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home