Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Friday, June 29, 2007

On the Loose

We get to go outside in our harnesses attached to a 10 foot leash that stakes into the ground.
Mom went into the house to get her book and got distracted by stuff and forgot that I was outside.
Well, I managed to somehow wiggle the leash off the stake and took a wander over to check out the neighbors pretty garden. I've wanted to get into that garden all summer and I finally got my chance!
Oh the glorious butterflies and other buggies to to swat and chase!
And then I got that stoopid leash wrapped around a garden gnome & a flowering bush and thats how mom found me.
She said I was lucky that I was dragging that leash or I could have kept on going and gotted lost and her heart would have broken. That would be terrible but that adventure was sure fun while it lasted.
-Scout

14 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Scout, what a scary adventure! I am so very glad you got back safely. Were you dragging the silly gnome along with you?

6/29/07, 12:22 PM  
Blogger The Crew said...

Oh Scout, thank heavens you're OK. Mom says things like that are the reason we're never allowed out.

6/29/07, 2:20 PM  
Blogger jenianddean said...

What an amazing adventure! Good thing you didn't break your Mom's heart. I bet that gnome grabbed ahold of that leash just for safety, I've heard they'll do that. Maybe if Maggie could stand a harness she'd get a chance to sit on our back porch. So far, it's just Josie's treat.
--Jasper

6/29/07, 4:57 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Advetures, but we don't want you to get losted! Broken hearts are hard to fix.

6/29/07, 9:10 PM  
Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Wow, Scout, I think you really had a cat guardian angel watching over you!

P.S. Tell your mom that my mom really wishes that stupidhead had taken the mostly-dead potted Japanese black pine with him! But what really made her mad? Inside the storage area of the bench were her best [that is, not kinked or holey] hoses.

6/29/07, 10:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds like a great adventure. Except, of course, for the being caught part. It probably wouldn't have been very fun to be lost, though.

-Rosie

6/30/07, 2:22 PM  
Blogger Shilgiah the Cat said...

Adventures always seem more fun for us than for our Mom's. Glad you didn't get all lost or chased by woofies or lions, tigers and bears...oh my!

6/30/07, 8:16 PM  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

Scout, I am glad you are OK. But I bet one of your brothers would have come and rescued you if they could.

7/1/07, 5:44 PM  
Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That sounds like a grate advenchur, but yoo haf to be keerful and not go far so yoo don't git lost. It's best to wait furr yer mum to go wiv yoo.

7/1/07, 6:06 PM  
Blogger Milton said...

Yeah, its good that you are home safe. and adventure like that would really scare my mombean! I'm glad that I'm an apartment kitty.
---Beezer

7/1/07, 8:01 PM  
Blogger Forty Paws said...

Oh Scout! Please don't go wandering off alone! It is way too scary and very bad things can happen to poor Poodins!! We're glad your mom found you!!! Stay safe!

Luf, Us

7/2/07, 3:45 PM  
Blogger Lux said...

I'm glad you're safe, but I'll bet it was fun while it lasted!

7/2/07, 11:27 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

wow, we is glad you didn't wander off far away and get lost and break your mommy's heart. that would haf been bad.

7/3/07, 3:15 PM  
Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Oh my goodness Scout! What an adventure! I am glad that you didn't go far. Outside can be dangerous! Outside is lots of fun though - I like to explore on my harness or in my stroller.

7/4/07, 2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home