Surprise Vet Visit

There I was, enjoying my post lunchtime nap when mom comes up from the basement with the cat carrier. That only means one thing. Yep. Going to the vet. Whose turn this time? Shaggy froze in his tracks, then ran to the other room. Scout runs over to the carrier & jumps in. Mom lifts him out. Oh-Oh it's me. Out to the car we go.
Dang, I knew she was bothered by my runny eye but why'd she have to go call the vet about it? It's been watery for a couple months but lately getting worse. But it wasn't bothering me. Just her.
The doc thought I maybe had a scratch on the cornea making it water. So they put a drop of stain in my eye to get a look for one. Nope. Not that. They flushed my eye, especially under my third eyelid to get out any foreign matter that might be there like a stuck hair or somethin'. Nothing there. Well by this time that's about all the fondling I want to put up with! I gave them my best deep chest growling. They just laugh & tell me how 'cute' I am. Gimme a break. I'm fierce! But I can't poop on demand like Max does...that woulda shown them!!
Well, Doc says its a blocked tear duct and mom thinks she's gonna put ointment in my eye twice a day for 2 weeks, and warm packs on it! I'll have to think about it. I don't like being messed with.
And I don't like being grabbed out of a nice nap to go the the stabby place! Grrrrrr.
-Scooby





16 Comments:
Poor Scooby - he doesn't look too thrilled about the whole thing. (And poor Mom - otherwise known the rest of this week as the Cat Wrangler...)
~ tammara
Yeah baby! You said it Tammara! -sss's Mom
Scooby how horrible! I had pink eye when I was a baby and mommy had to put junk in my eyes for 2 weeks too. she gotted lots of scratches on her arms for that. - Sammy
Oh, Scooby, poor you....I hate the jail box. Mom has one that opens from the top, all the better to put a kitty in she says....yeah right.....
I hope your eye dries up, little S......that must be bothersome.
Special purrs sent your way.
Dude, that bites! Don'tcah wish you could poop at will? That would have shown them a thing or two!
My bro has to have stuff put in his eyeball every day and *still* he acts all babyish about it.
You need to go with ME to the vet and I'll show you how it's done. When I go in, I think a cold chill goes through everyone! heehee
Meep has a runny eye too. They've tried all kindsa stuff, but it just keeps on goin'. It bothers the people way more than it bothers Meep. Hope you're feelin' good and that you don't have a hard time with your meds & stuff.
Buzzerbee & meep
Scooby
Well we are glad to hear it only a blocked tear duct. Think how good your Mom feels knowing that is what it is and she can make you all well (and dry!).
I hate that caged jail thingy too. I cry and cry when my Momma puts me in one.
*Abby
Ooh I hate the surprise vet visit. One minute your mooching about, next minute, your doing the fight-to-the-death, I'm-not-getting-in-that-box-brawl. And then you're meowing all the way to the vet. I hate it. Stay strong Scooby!
I've had lots of experience with eye goops and stuff Scooby. It's a bummer, but it isn't too bad. And it is great when everything is all cleared up again. I've had two eye infections and a scratched cornea... but I'm all good now. Anyway, hope you get over it quick!
Oh, Scoob. Warm packs can't be all that bad! Anything warm during the winter-time is good news to me!
We hope you feel better soon. Docle wants her crush, Scout, to know that she's feeling better and will be a cute as ever once her fur grows back. So he had better not be looking at any other girls.
Poor you, Scooby, I hope your eye clears up soon, having stuff put in it is no fun. Last year I had to have drops in my ears and I didn't like that AT ALL! I am a very peaceable boy so I didn't scratch anyone in the process but it did take two people to hold me still because I wiggled so much to get away!
I hate the surprise visits - well, I hate knowing in advanced as well. We should never have to go to the evil vets.
Knightly
Uh Oh Scooby, I had the same thing with my tear duct. I think it got injured when I had a big abcess and they stuck a drain pipe in my face. However, the warm packs were nice!!! purrr....
Post a Comment
<< Home