Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Scout is Much Better

What a relief!
Scout is feeling better today.
Yesterday, late afternoon, he came out of hiding when the front door opened and showed some interest in going outside. So I took him out and we sat in the grass together and he enjoyed the sun for a bit.
He had a little lick of Fancy Feast (the vet said to encourage that so he gets extra water from it). Last night he slept by my side part of the night.
This morning he is nibbling food, drinking water but still on the tired side. I'm sure it must take awhile to get back to normal after such an ordeal. It's going to take those antibiotics awhile to clear up that infection.
We are leaving for our reunion this afternoon, back Sunday. I am relieved he is coming around and I won't worry quite so much. I have a good cat sitter and pill giver in my neighbor and my son will be in & out (probably mostly out) so they will have people around here & there.
Oh boy, what a week!!!!
-Mom

18 Comments:

Blogger DK & The Fluffies said...

Binkies!

7/19/07, 1:02 PM  
Blogger Gemini said...

Oh I think DK and the Fluffies are right!

We are furry glad you don't have to worry so much!

7/19/07, 6:11 PM  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Yay for Scout. Just getting outside should help. Fresh air and all you know.

7/19/07, 6:42 PM  
Blogger Parker said...

Hey Scout! Keep feeling better!
Smooches!

7/19/07, 8:29 PM  
Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

We're glad to hear Scout is on the mend. We also hope you can relax a little now, Scout's Mom!

7/19/07, 8:57 PM  
Blogger Karen Jo said...

I am so very glad that Scout is feeling better. Taking him outside for fresh air and sunshine probably did him a world of good. I'm glad you won't have to worry so much at your reunion.

7/20/07, 12:28 AM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

keep getting better Scout

7/20/07, 9:52 AM  
Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

I am so glad that Scout is feeling better! :) I will continue to keep him in my prayers and send healing purrs his way.

7/20/07, 10:54 AM  
Blogger jenianddean said...

Great -- a happy update and a weight off your mind going to your reunion...
--Jasper

7/20/07, 10:55 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

I am very happy that Scout is doing better. I hope you enjoy your reunion (and try not to worry too much).

7/20/07, 12:17 PM  
Blogger The Furry Kids said...

We're glad to hear that Scout is doing better. Hugs and purrs to all of you. Hope you have a nice trip.

7/20/07, 1:17 PM  
Blogger The Crew said...

Poor Scout. We're glad you're feeling a little better. Where did you get such a bad infection, dude?!

7/20/07, 2:22 PM  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

Yay! Furry glad to hear that Scout seems to be on the mend, we were worried too! Let us know how he is doing when you come back.

Purrs
FE

7/20/07, 5:29 PM  
Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

ohmygosh, we haven't been visitin' a lot lately (Mom has one excuse after another) and didn't realize he was sick! we are so, so glad he's on the mend and will send lots of healing thoughts over to him all weekend. and yes, yay to the vet dr for makin' him better!

7/21/07, 4:28 PM  
Blogger Lux said...

I'm so glad Scout's better, and that he's in great form when you return tomorrow ...

7/21/07, 11:26 PM  
Blogger Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

We are very happy to hear Scout is feeling better. We are still purrin and purrin ... sending loves and hugs

7/22/07, 5:51 AM  
Blogger The Cat Realm said...

Good news!!!
We send lots of purrs so that he will get even better!

7/22/07, 11:56 PM  
Blogger Forty Paws said...

How is Scout now? We hope he is much better!

Luf, Us

7/23/07, 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home