Little Cat Feet

"The fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over the harbor and city on silent haunches, and then, moves on." - Carl Sandburg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota, United States

Shaggy and his littermate brother Scooby came to live with us in October 2005, when they were 5 years old. Scout arrived in 2006 at the age of 6 weeks. Scooby passed over very suddenly to the Rainbow Bridge on April 1, 2012 and is remembered fondly and missed deeply.

Monday, July 23, 2007

HOME!

Mom here......
I'll steal the blog one last time.
Made it home from the drinkfest (ummmm, I mean class reunion) in fairly good shape. Ate way too much food all weekend and only the first morning-after would the room not quit spinning! You have to do that now & then to remember not to do it.
I was greeted when we came home Sunday by the best sight ever! My little Scout running to the door to greet me and wanting to play! He is back to his energetic, playful and active little self! As I write this Monday evening, he & Shaggy are having a huge wrestlemania fest! He still has 4 antibiotic tablets left to take then we'll be past this ordeal.
Today all three have stuck close to me and I assure them I'm not going anywhere for awhile. Scooby especially wants more re-assurance and keeps coming to me for head skritchies and pettings. Shaggy is wanting me to make up 4 days of brushing and Scout keeps wanting to rassle my feet.
Jeez, I hate to be gone from them!!!

In other news I rescued a tiny Tuxie kitten from some kids who were chasing it and took it to the shelter. He had to have been only about 6-8 weeks old running through a large grassy area near the university campus. It was so hard to give him up but I had to. I'm sure he was homeless and he just clung to me the whole time.
I hope to post a picture of him asap and tell you the full story.

13 Comments:

Blogger DK & The Fluffies said...

Can we please have some tummy now?!!

7/23/07, 11:26 PM  
Blogger Lux said...

Thank you for rescuing the tuxie kitty; he sounds sweet.

7/23/07, 11:39 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

YAY Scout!! we is glad you is better.

yes, thank you for rescuing that poor baby tuxie.

7/24/07, 12:14 AM  
Blogger jenianddean said...

We're so glad to hear that Scout is better ... we were worried.

Thanks for rescuing that kitten, too. Too many people just ignore the needy. We need more people like you!

--Jasper

7/24/07, 9:20 AM  
Blogger Gemini said...

I am so glad to hear that Scout is better!

7/24/07, 9:44 AM  
Blogger LZ said...

That is great Scout is better! How great that you rescued the little kitten!

Kaze

7/24/07, 10:03 AM  
Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Yay, I'm glad to hear that Scout is better! :) It was wonderful of you to rescue the little tuxie.

7/24/07, 11:29 AM  
Blogger Forty Paws said...

We're so glad that Scout is doing so much better!! And we're glad you rescued that tiny Tuxie kitten too.

Thanks for the kind words for Dorfie.

Tee hee. It's harder to party as we age, isn't it??? Recovery takes so much longer.

Luf, Us & Maw

7/24/07, 11:47 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Hooray for Scout! I am so glad he is feeling better.

I would like to hear more about the little Tuxie kitten. You were nice to rescue him from the mean kids.

7/24/07, 12:22 PM  
Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

YAY YAHOO for Scout! We are all so happy he is back to normal and everything is Good!!

We are happy that you got the little tuxie kitten and we hope that he now has a good forever home!

Purrs
Abby

7/24/07, 12:29 PM  
Blogger Karen Jo said...

Yay for Scout feeling all better! I am really glad that you rescued the little tuxie kitten.

7/24/07, 12:47 PM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Happy Dance for Scout!!

Momma says it is always hard to give up wee ones without homes. Luckily Diane took Hunter (Ronda would have taken her to Winneummca if Diane didn't want her and Momma said if Ronda couldn't, she could join Mistrie outside) I think the fairies found her for Diane, cuz she had lost her Chester Tabby Boy a month ago and was sad. Now she is happy.

Patches

7/24/07, 2:57 PM  
Blogger Shilgiah the Cat said...

What a nice welcome home present to have Scout all energetic and feeling better.

What a wonderful person you are to rescue little creatures in need. Poor baby kitty. I wish all children could be trained in how to care for and be gentle with animals and how to have them spayed and neutered so we won't have unwanted and mistreated kitties in the world as much.

7/24/07, 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home